Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all military vets

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 08:03 PM
vnvjames
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all military vets

I rode for many years with the Viet Nam Vet MC. got out in 2001 due to xtreme club politics. I now ride with a back patch that does not say MC. top rocker: 377th WAR DOGS VET center patch: Map of Viet Nam with VIET NAM VETERAN across the map, botom rocker: SIAGON. On each side of the center patch is 67 on one side 68 on the other side. Any one interested in wearing a simular setup with your unit on top-map of country you fought in and were you did duty on the bottom. let me know I can get your back patch set up for you. No club or club afflitiation --no dues--no meetings--no officers-- just a band of brothers riding together and meeting each other a couple of times a year on bikes. I think we all had enough of being told to do mandatory things when we served! We don't need that anymore. If you didn't go to war you can still wear the same patch and put what ever non combat country you served in. If we get enough bikers we can deceide on where we all meet via inet or phone. Only rule would be military or x military.

Old 08-08-2006, 08:53 PM
cutacroshorty
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Calling all military vets

Can you make a picture? It sounds like an interesting patch.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:35 PM
vnvjames
Cruiser

Mine is at the seamtress shop having a few front patches sewed on, but I'm helping a buddy set his up and nothing has been sewed on yet so if you give me an idea whay you would want on the top rocker we can stincel it out and tak a pic of a center patch with your top unit{ if your outfit in Nam had a nickname thats fine, I was a dog handler and we were called WAR DOGS so I used my unit # and war dogs vet } I already see where you were at so I can get started. I only ask you wear the ACE of SPADES on the back and seeing where you were at I know you know where I'm comming from. I can get the card size ace of spades with a death skull in the center. Top and Bottom and 68-69 will be Red trimmed in green on black, and again seeing where you were at,you understand what those 3 colors mean to a Viet Nam Vet.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:51 PM
Cool Breeze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't want to hi-jack this thread, I was too young to have served in Viet Nam, but did serve twice in Desert Storm during my career. Now retired, I'm with Combat Veterens Motorcycle Association. (CVMA). Meets at least once every three yrs, cost $15.00 per yr to join. See my patch in avatar pic.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:12 PM
vnvjames
Cruiser

Were not only about Viet Nam--anyone who served is ok. no prospect time being we arent a MC. You have an awesome looking patch there ! No club dues, we don't need a bank account, but eventually hope to set up states and open state get together at least a couple of times a year. i believe " Those who ride together Stay together "

Old 08-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Cool Breeze
Road Master

Yea, I hear you, we don't have any prospect/probate time and are not a MC just an association. We are veterans helping veterans and will ride with all. We are club netural. We do have a National event each year located in different states.

ORIGINAL: vnvjames

Were not only about Viet Nam--anyone who served is ok. no prospect time being we arent a MC. You have an awesome looking patch there ! No club dues, we don't need a bank account, but eventually hope to set up states and open state get together at least a couple of times a year. i believe " Those who ride together Stay together "

Old 08-08-2006, 11:01 PM
Original Junior
Road Master

James, sounds interesting. Where are you located? I'm in Georgia for now. I'm an Afghan vet and it would be cool to meet and ride with some other vets. PM me and let me know what is what.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:04 PM
vnvjames
Cruiser

I have a monogram seamstress who can make you a center patch of the country of Afganastan with AFGAN VETERAN across it, check out the sample in this post.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:22 PM
vnvjames
Cruiser

Here you go guys-sample patch--uper lower and years served will be black background red letters with background and all letters trimmed in grass green. Black for the death given--red for the blood given and grass green for our land we longed to come back to. This is in all wars. This is what CUTACROSSHORTY'S patch would look like

Old 08-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member

I am very interested. Let me know.
101st Airborne
Desert Shield
Desert Storm
'90 - '91

Quick Reply: Calling all military vets