Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all military vets

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 02:20 AM
Teufelhunden
Road Captain
Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts
Default RE: Calling all military vets

ORIGINAL: vnvjames

With all due respect--they are a want to be 1% club. I went into the 1% world after I got out the VNVMC--Whole different world!! they are as close to being 1%ers as the HOGS are. Just my 2 cents
You are 100% right, that's what I meant. The main idea was that they seem to have forgotten about being a Veteran's MC

Teu

Old 08-16-2006, 08:15 PM
vnvjames
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TEU --i still will wear my insignias I had made and if you guys need help on putting one together let me know, even tho I joined the Combat Veterans Association i still will ride with my origional set up and wear their back patch at the functions related to the Association. I guess which ever vest I feel like putting on each day I will--our rights as a combat vet. The ones I've made contact with {CVMA } are really awesome folks, think I'm gonna really enjoy visiting with them.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am a loner and will not join any MC clubs or associations except the Patriot Guard. My brother is involved with a 1%er club and I am so against it it's sick. I wanted the military patches to display my proud prior military service, not to be part of a club. Therefore I will be looking for my own patches and continue to ride free.

Old 09-08-2006, 05:45 PM
smittyp83
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I could've used this for a patch
Name:  Picture018.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  39.7 KB

Or This
Name:  Picture017.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  41.5 KB

Old 09-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Alias
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vnvjames,

I’m not responding to start a Internet war, but I’m a VNVMC patch holder from Florida and I have never found anything like you are describing going on. Yes, we wear a three piece patch along with the Legacy Vets, we are not a 1% club and to my knowledge have never tried to be. At lest not here in Florida.

We respect ALL VETERANS, it doesnt’t matter if you’re a Vietnam vet or not, if not join the Legacy Vets MC, same patch two clubs, they have all the same rights in the club as VNVMC members. That’s why we wear the VFFV patch on our cuts. VFFV = Vets Forever, Forever Vets.

Legacy Vets are for any Vet, combat or not, no matter what time or where you served. VNVMC is for Vietnam Vets, not just in country combat vets, any Vietnam theater Vet. I just happen to be a Marine Corps combat vet. I too was in country 68-69 in with 3rd Marines up in Northern I Corps.

I’m a 100% totally disabled, wounded three times in Vietnam, veteran and I’ll be the first one up to defend another veteran, I don’t care if he just got out of boot camp, a vet is a vet, is a vet, it makes no difference where or when they served or what job, MOS they had while in.

I a life member of the VFW, PAV, DVA, AmL, JWV, AmVets and I’ll tell you right now the only group that ever made me feel welcome is the VNVMC.

You may have had a bad experience with your chapter of VNVMC, but as most of us know, there are idiots every where. I’ve just gotten back from the national meet up in Huntsville, Al. There were both VNVMC, Legacy Vets and not one bit of trouble. Two weeks before that we had the Fl. State meet in Miami and it was great.

My chapter have our meetings at a VFW Post and most of those guys are WW2 and KW Vets.

There are hundreds of VNVMC members here in Florida and it’s one of the best group of people I have ever met.

Family always comes first to the VNVMC members, the first meet I went to was at the club property up around Daytona. There were wives, kids and girl friends plus the single members and we had a great time.

Yes we do sometimes party with some 1% clubs, but I have never seen any trouble between the VNVMC and any other club, 1% or not.

One more thing, some of the things you are saying just do not sound right, they are not “sea rations” as you called them, they are C rations, as apposed to B rations that were used in WW2, anyone that has ever opened a case or box of C rations could not miss the big black C on the box or case.

I was in the Marine Corps, not the Army and I don't clam to know much about Army uniforms, but I worked with a lot of Army units while in Vietnam, 101st, 173rd to name a few and all of them, like all Marine units wore a camouflaged helmet cover on their helmets. It would be very hard to tape anything to your helmet, let alone a card seeings how the helmet covers are cloth. We used large rubber bands cut from jeep and truck tires to hold mostly bug juice on our helmets. Also there are somewhere between 35 and 55 men in a platoon, where did you get that many decks of cards each time you went into the bush? There is only one Ace of Spades per deck.

All I'm saying is, that all this combined with what you said about the VNVMC make it sound a little fishy to me. I'm sure you have a reason for these little discrepancies in your story, I just can't imagine what those reasons are.

Old 09-08-2006, 11:21 PM
cutacroshorty
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why is it that most every time I read a thread simular to this, people are either having to defend or justifiy what they're doing?

Old 09-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Alias
Road Master

It's got nothing at all to do about defending anything. It's about what he said about a club that I happen to belong to and have not seen anything like he is saying. Calling us meth users. Whats up with that?

It's about him saying he is something that by what he says doesn't sound right. If he is a combat Vietnam vet why doesn't he know that "C" rations are "C" rations, not "sea rations". He is really coming off as a real poser and I'm just asking him to explain a few things is all.

What he is saying makes it sound like he got in the club and when someone called him on his BS about Vietnam he was ask to produce a DD214 and it didn't back up what he claimed and he was kicked out.

You can be sure I'll be talking to my brothers in La about "Just James". If I'm wrong about him, I'll be the first to come right back here and make a public apology.

ORIGINAL: cutacroshorty

Why is it that most every time I read a thread simular to this, people are either having to defend or justifiy what they're doing?

Old 11-19-2007, 10:37 AM
BadBoyFLSTC
Banned

Yeah Rocky, I was just going to post that as well.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Dogwood
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This really and truly deservses it's own thread, posting this in a year old topic is not right.

But, as far as the story goes, wow, just wow.
What have we become.................

Old 11-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Sorry guys,

I'm going to lock this thread. We have too many "Family club," Social Club," 1%er Club," members here to start a recruitmentdrive on the forum. Don't take offense to my statement but I've been through this too many times before.

Terry
HDF Admin