Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all military vets

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 10:38 PM
vnvjames
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Calling all military vets

So if you guys didn't do your job state side, then I ask you how the hell could we do ours overseas. That is where I disagree with Patriot Guard rules, I can't put stateside guys lower than combat vets--heck who do you think had to receive the dead mangled bodies if it wasn't statesides, who do you think furnished our ammo if it weren't stateside, who do you think sent our sea rations if it weren't statesides. You did your job so I could do mine, we are all millitary brothers. I had a friend who was on the receiving end of KIA bodies during Nam, he was given 100% mental disabillity by the VA, and all the good it did him, they found him last year in full dress uniform with a bullet in his brain and a note saying " I couldn't help my fellow KIA brothers so I'm going to join them " He never left the USA. You are a brother!!

Old 08-10-2006, 10:52 PM
vnvjames
Cruiser

Check out this patch--I've had it for at least 15 years, it is still available on the market. This would make an awesome patch for Stateside Vets. I can even have Miss Linda make copies.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Original Junior
Road Master

ORIGINAL: vnvjames

So if you guys didn't do your job state side, then I ask you how the hell could we do ours overseas. That is where I disagree with Patriot Guard rules, I can't put stateside guys lower than combat vets--heck who do you think had to receive the dead mangled bodies if it wasn't statesides, who do you think furnished our ammo if it weren't stateside, who do you think sent our sea rations if it weren't statesides. You did your job so I could do mine, we are all millitary brothers. I had a friend who was on the receiving end of KIA bodies during Nam, he was given 100% mental disabillity by the VA, and all the good it did him, they found him last year in full dress uniform with a bullet in his brain and a note saying " I couldn't help my fellow KIA brothers so I'm going to join them " He never left the USA. You are a brother!!
I agree. I've been on both ends of this stick. Combat operations right after 9-11 (never forget) and as a casualty assistance/collections officer later on stateside. The later sucked much, much worse. I would have given anything to be in Afghan or Iraq again than stateside collecting the personnal assets of fallen fellow soldiers. I always felt like crap when I was with their grieving families.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:46 PM
jmxp
Tourer

I've been watching this thread with some interest. Great idea. After my T-Rex's arrive, I'm going to pick up the US Navy derby cover and primary cover.

Anyway, my time was spent with the Independence Battle Group on the Harry Reasoner FF1063. We were the first Navy force onsite after Sadaam invaded Kuwait. Spent some time on liberty in Muscat Oman, but our mission was embargo enforcement. They gutted my anti-submarine helo and mounted an M60 in the door.

USN HSL-35 Magicians AW2(AW) 88-92. I'm in. Do you have any thoughts on a Gulf patch for us sailors/airdales? Honestly, I think the eagle looks kinda kick ***, but I'm partial to them...one of my favorite tats:

Old 08-11-2006, 02:06 AM
vnvjames
Cruiser

Welcome aboard bro, I have been trying to get ideas from you guys. I'm not a computer wiz, so I'm hoping one of you out there could draw up something on their computer for the Desert Storm and Irac vets to use. My idea was the Eagle patch I showed over a drawing of Irac with Irac Vet and Desert Storm Vet across it . Same with Afgan Vets--Eagle over Afgan--same with Somilia Vets -map of Somolia with the Eagle over it. Any one out there ideas are welcome. For some odd ball idiotic reason there are plenty of Viet Nam back patches to be bought but no other war patches that I can find-hell whats wrong with these companies-don't they realize we have brothers who died else where?? I am known in the biker world as " JUST JAMES " viet nam 1967-1968. I thank you. P.S. I'm putting out my road name just in case some of my old compadres are wondering who started this thread.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:16 AM
hammer4
Cruiser

Thanks vnvjames.
This is not the PGR rules. The PGR welcomes everyone. The mission statement is very clear on that. They make no distinction in regard to military service, Vet, non Vet or political preference.
Again THANK YOU. It's only me that makes that distinction.

Respect and honor
Robert R/C Texas

Old 08-11-2006, 02:35 AM
vnvjames
Cruiser

You are very welcome.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:40 PM
vnvjames
Cruiser

Hi guys, My idea didn't go to far and after talking with DERXO54 I've deceided to go with the COMBAT VETS ASSOCIATION, they stand for exactly what I stand for and are a well formed group of millitary folks, { check out their web site } their bylaws are posted and non combat are welcome and also non military are welcome to those who support our troops. PLUS ! they have a darn cool patch !! Check it out. Lets all get together and help make this Association grow--heck they already have more members here in La. than the VNVMC, the VNVMC kinda self destructed by forgeting what they originally stood for when I was in, It's a shame to see a club that was once over 100 strong in this state dwindle down to 11. Thanks for your time guys and hope to meet some of you guys on the road. P.S. you can join CVMA thru the mail, they have a printable app on their site.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:46 AM
Teufelhunden
Road Captain
Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Hi guys, My idea didn't go to far and after talking with DERXO54 I've deceided to go with the COMBAT VETS ASSOCIATION, they stand for exactly what I stand for and are a well formed group of millitary folks, { check out their web site } their bylaws are posted and non combat are welcome and also non military are welcome to those who support our troops. PLUS ! they have a darn cool patch !! Check it out. Lets all get together and help make this Association grow--heck they already have more members here in La. than the VNVMC, the VNVMC kinda self destructed by forgeting what they originally stood for when I was in, It's a shame to see a club that was once over 100 strong in this state dwindle down to 11. Thanks for your time guys and hope to meet some of you guys on the road. P.S. you can join CVMA thru the mail, they have a printable app on their site.
Good luck, James. And you are right about the VNV. It is the same in most states. Seems they may have forgotten that they are a VETERAN'S MC, not a 1% MC.

Teu

Old 08-15-2006, 09:52 PM
vnvjames
Cruiser

With all due respect--they are a want to be 1% club. I went into the 1% world after I got out the VNVMC--Whole different world!! they are as close to being 1%ers as the HOGS are. Just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Calling all military vets