Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all military vets

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 02:44 AM
PoleCat
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Calling all military vets

I think this sounds like a really good idea.

But I'm not sure I have a firm idea of what the patch would look like for us non VietNam guys.

In my case I've been in 4 countries and something like 18 states while on AD.

Which do I claim?

Should I just pick a favorite location and unit and go with that?

It would probly cost a fortune to have little patches made up with all my duty locations on them, although that might be really cool.

What do you think? Any ideas?

Old 08-10-2006, 03:12 AM
vnvjames
Cruiser

MAN ! I sure want to help you design your patch. Even tho you didn't go to Nam, you are still considered our brother. I think I have come up with a great main patch for stateside vets, An Eagle flying over the flag with the logo " All gave some Some gave all " Bottom rocker would be USA if you never left state side. What do you think ?

Old 08-10-2006, 03:22 AM
vnvjames
Cruiser

TEA, I appreciate your concern, it's because of true brothers like you who are concerned for our safety that I am redesigning the back. I'll post a pic of my vest as soon as I get it back. I talked with 2 PRES. of major 3 peice clubs and they don't have an issue with the new design I've come up with. One of them { an old friend } made the comment " out of your area or state I'd worry about a 1 legged ol fool like you, I know you won't go down without a fight and let's face it you ain't what you used to be " I asked him about all of us wearing the ace of spades on the back so we could recognize each other in a crowd and he said " Not a problem " He emphasized that the main issue would be a top and bottom rocker and the letters MC. I'll get the pic as soon as I can. Thanks for your concern again.

Old 08-10-2006, 03:31 AM
vnvjames
Cruiser

Sounds great, My lady can take the GULF WAR US ARMY patch and redesign it puting it in the middle of a map of IRAC. color of the map could be sandstone. Your ? about Ace of Spades { see it at Soldiers.com } for me it goes all the way back to NAM. It was taboo-unlucky-death warrant, as far as the Viet Cong believed. We never went into the field without on taped to our helment. I would like to see us all wear it the same exact place on the back so we could recognize each other in a crowd or on the road. I guess you could call it a unity patch.

Old 08-10-2006, 03:35 AM
vnvjames
Cruiser

Personally I like the 4 country patch. How about An American eagle flying over our flag with each country you served in at the 4 corners and across the patch USA VET. Look at JP Cycles item # 151-621 , in the catalog page # 1119 patch bb, really cool patch.

Old 08-10-2006, 03:37 AM
vnvjames
Cruiser

From what I'm seeing we already have 5 guys wanting to fly plus the 2 of us here, and it's only been 24 hrs. since I first posted. Looking great!!

Old 08-10-2006, 03:53 AM
vnvjames
Cruiser

GREAT NEWS !! for all the brothers that served but never left stateside--go to your DENNIS KIRK book or online and you will see a vest with an awesome full size Eagle and Flag back patch. 70.95 and you get a new vest with a great center patch, then all you have to do is buy the ace of spades from Soldier.com and order your unit patch -usa patch-and years served patch from miss Linda and you are set to go!! Dennis Kirk item #35-64594.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:17 AM
vnvjames
Cruiser

Flying Tigers.com has awesome full size patches also.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:58 AM
hammer4
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: vnvjames

MAN ! I sure want to help you design your patch. Even tho you didn't go to Nam, you are still considered our brother. I think I have come up with a great main patch for stateside vets, An Eagle flying over the flag with the logo " All gave some Some gave all " Bottom rocker would be USA if you never left state side. What do you think ?
vnvjames,
This is how it is for me, I was drafted,I just did my time and was lucky enough to stay state side during the war.
I do not put my self on the same level as you guys who enlisted, or are combat Vets. I am a Patriot Guard Rider now, National has asked us to whear only the PGR back patch, nothing else on the back. Right or wrong that is the way it is for me.
Thanks for the offer and THANK YOU for your service. If you are a combat Vet, you hold a special place in my heart.

Respect and honor
Robert R/C Texas

Old 08-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Teufelhunden

You have the absolute right to wear what you want. You have the right to walk down the street in Compton, Kalifornia at midnight with a white sheet over your head if that's what you want to do, however, that might not be in your best interest.
Now that is not a smart thing to do.

Quick Reply: Calling all military vets