General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all military vets

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 03:18 AM
choppertime
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Calling all military vets

www.chromethathog.com

[IMG]local://upfiles/15359/5C9AA21B5A7943798AF7BC1285377836.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15359/160881F308314CA9932D3072561BE90F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15359/7F99345D0B7E4FA29611F2170C49DD0B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-09-2006, 03:24 AM
SKJOLD
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same concern. You might be inviting trouble as there are some out there who might make an issue of it. Just be carefull.

ORIGINAL: Teufelhunden

Be very, very carefull. That design very much looks like a 3 piece patch, and there are some folks out there who don't care who you are or where you have been, they will take extreme offense to it, and are likely to violently oppose you wearing it. I know that attitude is stupid and juvenile, but it is what it is. Best of luck

Teu

Old 08-09-2006, 03:36 AM
Original Junior
Road Master

ORIGINAL: vnvjames

Hey JUNIOR, I'm located in Louisiana between Lafayette and Baton Rouge.

Ahh, Louisiana, been there many times. Good 'ol JRTC.

I was wondering much the same things listed here in reference to rockers/patches. I wonder if any MC would have an issue with vet patches? Hell, they are allowed to do what they do because our soldiers bled and still bleed for all our freedoms.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:59 AM
rob_will
Tourer

Hmmmm I would really like to associate myself with all VETS, both past and present. Thought about getting the VET liscense plates, but the though of a patch seems more appealing to me.

Yeah I'm in!!

Old 08-09-2006, 03:07 PM
vnvjames
Cruiser

OK guys, too much concern over the rocker issue. In my area not a problem , all the Banditos know me and all the Viet Nam Vets MC fear my wife, she ran 4 off our property with a 40 cal. with a lazer. LOL Any way I don't want to put fellow millitary vets in harms way, there are clubs in other states who get pissy, so I propose to change my own patch up. I'm having her make STRAIT line unit and place served patches. I will take a pic when she is finished. At the very top will be the card size Ace of Spades--Then the center patch { main patch} at the bottom strait line "377th WAR DOGS " below that will be strait line " TAN SON NHUT " with 68 & 69 on each side of Tan Son Nhut at the very bottom. So now there is no top and botton rocker--no MC--no dated on each side of center patch. If they can't live with that --then they are being to demanding. After all this is a free country because of folks like us. I will ride whereever I want to and if any one don't like it--well all I can say is they need to get off the meth so they can shoot strait !!

Old 08-09-2006, 06:22 PM
vnvjames
Cruiser

Checked on a price with miss Linda at Domestic Sewing Center.If she has to custom design a center patch it would be 150.00 maximun, complete back work and sewed on your vest. Her just custom designing everything and sending it to you would be around 125.00. Viet Nam Vets can order the center patch for 25.00 and the ace of spades from Soldier city for 19.99 + 3.95 + shipping from soldier city. I am in the process of trying to find a AFGAN and a IRAC veteran patch on line for those guys.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just keep us posted!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:22 PM
vnvjames
Cruiser

I'll post a pic of my vest when it's finished. I don't see having problems with other clubs with the changes i'm making. I would just feel realy bad if one of you guys got in a jam with a 3 peice top -botton rocker -and center patch. If the old rockin chair is such a big deal than we can leave it to idiots who think they control the road. Here in La. a club of police officers formed called THE WILD PIGS--funny thing no one told them cops they could not fly !! Then I think of THE BLUE KNIGHTS which is three piece, no one bothers them , of cource you have to have some kind of a lwa inforcement badge, funny how no one wants to tell cops " Take that patch off in my territory" mmmm? wonder why!!!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:58 PM
hammer4
Cruiser

Screw the MC who have an issue with a Vet wearing a three piece patch. I was drafted in 69-70 I never left the states.[long story]
I was assigned to an SPD unit at Ft. Knox. A lot of Nam Vets were processed through there. I was quartered with them. Many nites I held them screaming from a nightmare only an enemy that they could see. I will never forget their 1000 yard stare. Your stories still haunt me to this day. I will defend your right to whear any patch, any way you want, the same way you fought for my freedom back then. You have earned the right. THANK YOU.

Respect and honor
Robert Young
PGR, Ride captian, Texas

Old 08-10-2006, 02:23 AM
Teufelhunden
Road Captain
Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

ORIGINAL: Yellotang

ORIGINAL: Teufelhunden

Be very, very carefull. That design very much looks like a 3 piece patch, and there are some folks out there who don't care who you are or where you have been, they will take extreme offense to it, and are likely to violently oppose you wearing it. I know that attitude is stupid and juvenile, but it is what it is. Best of luck

Teu
I wonder how much trouble one would get into if they wore these. Anyone with half a brain would not trouble anyone wearing these patches because they are not identifiable with opposing clubs. And anyone offended of our prior service deserves to have the Holy Sh*t beat out of them.

YT,

I'm not saying that I agree with that thinking, I'm just saying that it exists, and you need to be aware of it.

You have the absolute right to wear what you want. You have the right to walk down the street in Compton, Kalifornia at midnight with a white sheet over your head if that's what you want to do, however, that might not be in your best interest.

What ever you guys decide to do, more power to ya, and THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!!!

Semper Fi

Teu

Quick Reply: Calling all military vets