Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all military vets

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 11:38 PM
vnvjames
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Calling all military vets

Hey JUNIOR, I'm located in Louisiana between Lafayette and Baton Rouge.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:41 PM
PoleCat
Road Captain

I'm just about to wrap up 21 years AD AF. (Oct 1985 - Nov 2006)

I'd like a setup like you're talking about to commemorate my career.

Edit: But I'n not a Viet Nam era Vet.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:49 PM
vnvjames
Cruiser

Yellowtang, your upper rocker would have 101st AIRBORNE VET with a center patch of IRAC with IRAC VETERAN across the map insignia. Botom rocker would be whatever you want, Kuwait-Irac, or wherever you were at. You may want to serch the internet for a Irac Vetern Patch to use. My lady can make one but she would cost more than prefab. My VietNam Veteran patch came from SOLDIER CITY.COM, if no luck I will get a total price from her. You can have your own patchwork made also just so you use red & green on black. Soldier city also has the Ace of Spade card size patch. Being I started this I only ask rockers be uniform in color and we all wear the same ace of spades patch sewed on the same place, that way when we are on the road we will recognize a fellow brother in arms. My monagram person can do all your work via phone and credit card. She has been in business for many years and is a pro at patch work. Very trust worthy person.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:51 PM
vnvjames
Cruiser

Dosen't matter ! If you served in the millitary you are a brother in arms. If you never went over seas you just use USA for your bottom rocker.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:34 AM
Teufelhunden
Road Captain
Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Be very, very carefull. That design very much looks like a 3 piece patch, and there are some folks out there who don't care who you are or where you have been, they will take extreme offense to it, and are likely to violently oppose you wearing it. I know that attitude is stupid and juvenile, but it is what it is. Best of luck

Teu

Old 08-09-2006, 01:51 AM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: vnvjames

Yellowtang, your upper rocker would have 101st AIRBORNE VET with a center patch of IRAC with IRAC VETERAN across the map insignia. Botom rocker would be whatever you want, Kuwait-Irac, or wherever you were at. You may want to serch the internet for a Irac Vetern Patch to use. My lady can make one but she would cost more than prefab. My VietNam Veteran patch came from SOLDIER CITY.COM, if no luck I will get a total price from her. You can have your own patchwork made also just so you use red & green on black. Soldier city also has the Ace of Spade card size patch. Being I started this I only ask rockers be uniform in color and we all wear the same ace of spades patch sewed on the same place, that way when we are on the road we will recognize a fellow brother in arms. My monagram person can do all your work via phone and credit card. She has been in business for many years and is a pro at patch work. Very trust worthy person.
upper rocker = 101st Airborne Div. (Vet would be too repeatitive)
Middle Patch = Gulf War Vet Patch within the Iraq country patch. Gulf War US Army Patch
Lower Rocker = Desert Storm / Desert Shield
Spade Patch = from ???
Dates = 90 & 91

Bascally I need to know what the costs would be and I would do it.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:56 AM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Teufelhunden

Be very, very carefull. That design very much looks like a 3 piece patch, and there are some folks out there who don't care who you are or where you have been, they will take extreme offense to it, and are likely to violently oppose you wearing it. I know that attitude is stupid and juvenile, but it is what it is. Best of luck

Teu
I wonder how much trouble one would get into if they wore these. Anyone with half a brain would not trouble anyone wearing these patches because they are not identifiable with opposing clubs. And anyone offended of our prior service deserves to have the Holy Sh*t beat out of them.

BTW here is what I have found on the internet on 3 piece patches.

Conventional wisdom regarding motorcycle club patches:

• A one-piece patch signifies a family club, riding club, AMA-sanctioned motorcycle club or political action/biker rights organization. Some require little more than filling out an application (which is actually a release of liability) and mailing a check.

• A two-piece patch signifies a motorcycle club in transition, awaiting approval from the dominant club(s) to become a three-piece patch. These clubs are sometimes, not always, in the process of becoming an associate or support club. The heirachy and traditions in the MC community are complex but not without purpose. They are valuable for maintaining order and avoiding trouble.

• A three-piece patch signifies that the club is an "outlaw club," but not necessarily a 1% club. With very few exceptions, the club has been approved by the dominant club in the state or area. The three-piece patch is awarded in three parts as a prospective member earns the privilege to wear the full patch. A "hangaround" is someone who is eligible for membership and has been invited to attend club events and runs, but wears no part of the patch. If he is sponsored by a full member and approved by the club members he may wear the bottom rocker and is considered a “prospect” or "probate". If he sucessfully completes the training period and is approved by 100% of the members, he is allowed to have the top rocker and the "center patch" or club insignia. His colors are then complete and he is considered to be a full member or "patch holder." The traditional, or "old school," three-piece patch MC is one that adheres to established protocols, traditions and a code of conduct.

The term colors is used when referring to a motorcycle clubs’ patch with two rockers. One is placed over the top of the middle large graphic patch and one placed underneath it. The rockers are usually curved bars with the top bar designating the club name and the lower bar designating the location of the club. The two rockers are separate from the middle, larger graphic type patch, hence the term three-piece patch. Motorcycle clubs differ from riding clubs or other types of motorcycle organizations as they traditionally have “prospecting” time (a probationary training period) required before the club members decide to accept the individual into the group and allow him to wear or “fly” the colors of the group. Most club colors will also have MC printed on the rocker or as an additional small, rectangular patch, sometimes referred to as a "cube," to further clarify it as a motorcycle club rather than another type of organization.

The grey area gets wider (and weirder)

A dramatic increase in the number of recreational motorcyclists in recent years has clouded the issue of what differentiates a motorcycle club from a riding club. Some military or veteran's motorcycle clubs (VMC) which are actually AMA-sanctioned, non-outlaw clubs, wear three-piece patches while not engaging in the established MC tradition of prospecting. These clubs may simply require evidence of prior or current military service and ownership of a motorcycle for membership. While the wisdom of this practice in the larger conte

Old 08-09-2006, 02:38 AM
vnvjames
Cruiser

I rode with the VNVMC for 12 years and a Bandito suport club. The main thing is we do not wear a MC patch-everything on the back relates to millitary duty, any club that has a problem with my millitary service and gets violent I in turn assess my rights of self protection in a court of law. One thing I do have that most pacthholders dont have is money and political pull. I aslo know after many years as a patch holder it's mostly meth talkers who cause **** whom I don't fear handling with my 9MM. What's the law gonna say-Viet Nam Vet defends himself against outlaw bikers--how far will that go with the law. Hey Guys!! Thay dont own the roads--when I was a outlaw patch holder we talked the talk but never really walked the walk. My beef is in this area there are 6 all BLACK 3 peice patchholder bike clubs that poped up with MC and when I questioned it the answer I got was "OH we dont recognize black clubs " Is it that they really fear black clubs ? Any one who fear a 1% club then just stay home and shake in your drawers, I've been on the other side--they ain't that bad.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:51 AM
vnvjames
Cruiser

THE LEGACY VETS--good example, when I was with the Viet Nam Vets being SA the Banditos came to me and sain they would not accept us having a farm club, I gave them my word it would never fly, well the VETS pushed and pushed until I had to resign as a VET patch holder. Then what happens The Banditos back down and let the VETS have another farm club. The Legacy Vets wear the same center patch as I did --a map of NAM--none have ever been in nam and many never even served--sick if you ask me. Now we are supposed to back down from wearing a unit patch? The only thing set in stone is my center patch, if you guys are interested in wearing a millitary designated patch, give me some ideas, maybe we can change up a few things, whatever don't let the VNVMC scare you off, they have turned into a non in country riding bunch who mostly trailer. Heck the LEGION RIDERS fly in peace--the COMBAT VETERNS ASSOCIATION FLY--THE BLUE KNIGHTS FLY. give me a break!!

Old 08-09-2006, 02:55 AM
vnvjames
Cruiser

I'll get a price for you tomorrow. The spade patch is 3.95 from Soldier City.

Quick Reply: Calling all military vets