General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Glasses

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 08:37 AM
ia2189
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jade Dragon
Anyone have a link to decent prescription riding sunglasses?
http://www.7eye.com/prescription/

Old 04-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Bob W Chicago
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wiley is the way to go I am on my second pair after I lost the first pair. I am also looking into the transition lenses but they do not darken as much as a regular pair. I do like the foam seal it does help. I wear contact lenses and have bad allergies and they are the only thing that lets me ride in the allergy seasons.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:16 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

I have been wearing a pair of I-Beams Windjammers since 2002. Bought them in Atlanta at the HD pre-100th event. I told the dude I was looking for a pair of glasses that would absolutely stop the wind from getting in my eyes. He told me to buy a pair and if I wasnt satisfied I could return them for full refund. Interchangable lenses, aircraft aluminum frames, with nosepiece that is sized small, med, lrg. Multiple color of lenses available and also RX if needed. They absolutely work! A bit pricey at $150 pair but that includes two pair of lenses. I highly recommend these! www.ibeams.com

Old 04-28-2010, 07:47 PM
grumpygy
Tourer

Look at ShopKo what they call safety glasses are exactly what I was looking for. The cost less than any other place I've found.

For get this as they do not carry the frame I wanted.

Last edited by grumpygy; 04-29-2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: error
Old 04-28-2010, 07:59 PM
BigBrad
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually found the exact pair I was looking for at our local Harley shop on sale. I got the 7-Eye Bora SPF-100 with 24:7 transitional contrast lenses for $119.

I couldn't believe they had them there. It was the only 7-Eye glasses they had and they just happened to be the exact style I was looking for. What are the odds....

They are really nice and the brown tint is awesome. Really happy with my purchase so far.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:34 PM
grumpygy
Tourer

The ones I got were perscription

Old 04-28-2010, 08:39 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Lasik 10+ years ago, but recently had to go back to contacts since eyes started getting bad again. I've been dealing with the same issue.

To answer one of your questions, it's not always necessary to have the foam to prevent eyes watering. I am able to wear both a pair of Maui Jims and 7eye glasses w/o my eyes watering. Neither has foam. They are both wrap around style, plastic (not wire) frames and snug to my face pretty well. That seems to be key as I have a pair of Oakleys (rimless, wire with Rx) and they are AWFUL as far as wind protection. Decent amount of wrap, but they do not fit snug to my face.

I just got my first pair of WileyX (with prescription for the times I don't want to wear contacts). I love them and they are superior in fit and comfort to any of the others I wear when riding. They did a great job with the ear-piece. The glasses go on, stay put and are the most comfortable behind my ears when wearing my ff helmet. That area of my head is real sensitive and certain ear-pieces start hurting after awhile...drives me nuts!
If you wear a ff or 3/4 helmet, you really should take the helmet along with you when picking out a pair of riding glasses to see how they feel and if they even fit with the helmet.

My ONLY complaint about the WileyX style I got (XL-1) is that they affect my peripheral vision more than any others I have. Namely because they come to somewhat of a point rather than the more square types that wrap around more.

Bottom line, like bikes, you gotta figure out what style you want, what features are important to you, your budget and then you need to try a bunch to see what "fits" you best.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Bigcim
Advanced

I have these and dont really have any problems with wind and I wear contacts. Love them
http://www.oakley.com/pd/6094

Last edited by Bigcim; 04-28-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:34 AM
mffjm95
Cruiser

I like Wiley-X glasses I have a few pairs, they have removable foam around the eyes. I have a pair that transitions and a straight up polarized pair. Take a look.

Jim

Old 04-29-2010, 12:36 AM
j33ptj
Road Warrior
Received 115 Likes on 81 Posts
Cool

Used to wear Oakleys, but with the environment here always got dry/itchy eyes. Switched over to Gatorz Wraptor last summer and there are the best glasses I have had.

Contemplating to get a set as day to day for reading....

Robert

www.gaytorz.com

Attached Thumbnails Riding Glasses-gatorz-wraptor.jpg  

Quick Reply: Riding Glasses