General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Glasses

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 07:03 AM
Wander
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Seems like almost everybody is using multiple pairs for all situations. Is there one manufacturer that makes interchangeable lenses for all the situations mentioned that anyone would recommend?

Old 04-16-2010, 08:07 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I just grab a pair of safety glasses at work when I need em. Clear and tinted.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:54 AM
MilesJ
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a pair of multi lens system eye rides 2 years ago in Vegas

http://www.eyeride.com/

I have been very happy with them, and the price is pretty good. I have a big problem with my eyes and the light during the day. I found their lenses dark enough to make me eyes feel much better, and pretty much blocks out all the wind. I lvoe the changeable lenses.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:58 AM
hdstreetglide08
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The 7eye transitions are nice except in bright sunlight. They do not get dark enough to block the sun. I also have WileyX's and that are just a dark lens and they are really nice.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:40 AM
BigHarleyGuy
Banned
Default Liberty - Sport Glasses

My wife is an Optician. Her shop sells a set of glasses called Liberty - Sport Glasses. You can get prescription on not. They are the best glasses I have used. I have had Harley brand, Wiley x, Gatorz, etc. I like these the best.

Old 04-17-2010, 05:45 AM
yk.hd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WebWolf
In a word, RayBan! I use the ones in the link below, they wrap nicely to stop wind and they are polarized so they take most glare out of the view.
http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/products/rb3183/004-82

I highly recommend these...
Yep, these are mighty fine glasses. I use these from time to time on my bike... mostly for in town jaunts though.

Originally Posted by petemac
I have the Panoptix(now 7eye) day/night transition lenses and they're great. The only issue is they're not not true sunglasses and when riding into a rising or setting sun they don't give max eye protection.
These are what I use 99% of the time. They're great. Panoptix Cyclone... And what's better is that they're transitions so I only have to carry one set with me. And I can't speak for others, but they go plenty dark enough for me... But YMMV

Old 04-17-2010, 05:59 AM
SHTFIT
Road Captain

I wear Bobster goggles with transition prescription lenses. The goggles themselves are inexpensive and cheaply made but the frames have held up well. After getting used to having foam around the edges of the glasses, I could never ride with non-riding glasses. Plus, the coverage area is much greater than regular glasses. The lenses are real good and get very dark. However, after 2 years, the foam around the edges deteriorated from sweat. So, I just brought a new pair for $20 bucks and popped the old lenses in. Brand new!

I recently learned that Bobster sells replacement foam so I'm going to get some for the first pair which I'll use as no Rx glasses because the have additional yellow and smokes lenses which I can use for short trips around town.

Last edited by SHTFIT; 04-17-2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:58 AM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

For those who have not tried yellow safety glasses for night riding are really missing out...in a word...unbelievable

Old 04-17-2010, 07:03 AM
SixSixRider
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on 7Eye glasses. I've had the "Bora" model for a number of years, and just got a pair with the transitions lens. Not cheap, but fit well, well-made, block the wind, and yet breathe so they don't fog-up.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:41 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

what are you riding? are you behind a windshield or not? If not, I would find a pair that fit good, when behind a shield you can get away with almost anything you like, if you are not behind a shield, you need to find glasses that fit your bridge and do not move.

Quick Reply: Riding Glasses