General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idiots

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 09:25 PM
klee
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Idiots

One around every cornier......I'll vouch for that.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: bdgreen

Man, they are everywhere. I'm in the propane business and a guy just came in to have a 20# (5 gal.) propane cylinder filled for his grill. Nothing unusual about that except he came in on a crotch rocket. My dock man told him no way would we fill it. The guy just couldn't understand why we thought it was so dangerous to do. He tried to explain but nothing got through. Problem is someone will fill it, he'll leave with the damned thing bungee-corded to the seat, it'll fall off and someone is gonna get hurt real bad. There's an idiot on every corner. Be on your toes.
Not only would I have filled it.I would have attached a fuse to it & lit it as he left

Old 08-08-2006, 10:21 PM
ronster
Road Master

LMAO!
metric fireworks

Old 08-08-2006, 11:18 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts

ORIGINAL: bdgreen

Man, they are everywhere. I'm in the propane business and a guy just came in to
have a 20# (5 gal.) propane cylinder filled for his grill.
Nothing unusual about that except he came in on a crotch rocket.
My dock man told him no way would we fill it. The guy just couldn't understand
why we thought it was so dangerous to do. He tried to explain but nothing got through.
Problem is someone will fill it, he'll leave with the damned thing bungee-corded to the seat,
it'll fall off and someone is gonna get hurt real bad. There's an idiot on every corner. Be on your toes.
Idiots, yeah

First idiot wanted to skydive, so he took the class.

They took him up to 20000 feet and he chickened out
when it came time to actually jump outta the plane.

So they pushed him, and he forgot everything from the class,
could not find the ripcord.

About halfway down, idiot one encounters idiot two.
Headed UP.

So #1 hollers out -
You know anything about parachutes??

#2 -
No, you know anything about propane??

mud

Old 08-08-2006, 11:24 PM
dogtownmax
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds to me like some of you "owners" are upset to see an actual motorcyclist, actually riding their motorcycle instead of polishing the chrome. [sm=bustedsign.gif]

some people use their motorcycles for their *primary transportation*, instead of riding around in a pickup truck with an HD sticker on the back window.

i've put lots of things that weigh as much or more than a little 20# propane tank on my bike with no problem, and i have seen lots of people transport propane tanks on their bikes with no problem. granted youre not going to see that at the local bike night, but some of us ride places where people actually use their bikes for everything. yeah, even in the rain, even to commute to work, even when we have things to pick up at the store, even the propane store.

as for the "danger" of carrrying fuel on the bike, well, im pretty sure im always hauling around a couple of gallons of gasoline, just for the engine.

sounds like a real rider to me. you shoudnt hate him just because he actually riding. just nod and smile and fill up the nice mans propane tank, secure in the knowledge that you have a great bike in your garage, waiting for bike night. or something.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:05 AM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member

should have let him buy it!!

Old 08-09-2006, 08:34 AM
bdgreen
Banned

If that guy was an "actual motorcyclist" then I don't want any part of it. There is a limit to what you can do with a bike, car, truck, whatever you drive/ride. Would you pull a mobile home down the road because it's your "primary transportation?" I think the answer is no and the rest is self explanatory.
ORIGINAL: dogtownmax

sounds to me like some of you "owners" are upset to see an actual motorcyclist, actually riding their motorcycle instead of polishing the chrome. [sm=bustedsign.gif]

some people use their motorcycles for their *primary transportation*, instead of riding around in a pickup truck with an HD sticker on the back window.

i've put lots of things that weigh as much or more than a little 20# propane tank on my bike with no problem, and i have seen lots of people transport propane tanks on their bikes with no problem. granted youre not going to see that at the local bike night, but some of us ride places where people actually use their bikes for everything. yeah, even in the rain, even to commute to work, even when we have things to pick up at the store, even the propane store.

as for the "danger" of carrrying fuel on the bike, well, im pretty sure im always hauling around a couple of gallons of gasoline, just for the engine.

sounds like a real rider to me. you shoudnt hate him just because he actually riding. just nod and smile and fill up the nice mans propane tank, secure in the knowledge that you have a great bike in your garage, waiting for bike night. or something.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:31 AM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

I've gotta agree with Dog. I scuba dive every weekend, and pack all my gear on the bike for the 60 mile drive to the boats. 3000 tanks can explode, if you take the heads off, but if you crash, you crash.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:42 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "crotch rocket"! Aren't rockets 'supposed' to explode when they hit??? [sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 08-09-2006, 02:48 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dogtownmax

I sense a lot of animosity???

I haul a lot of **** on my bike too. Got no problem hauling two new pistols home in their cases hanging off my belt, stuffing **** down my pants or in my tool bag but I'll be damned if I'm gonna ride with a 20lb grenade strapped to my ***. I'd like to at least have a friggin' chance. Gas tanks only explode in Hollywood but a propane tank would be an entirely different matter.

Quick Reply: Idiots