General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raingear???

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 07:40 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by reesestewww
Harley High-Vis rain suite. You never want to have to use it, but when you do its great!

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US
That's the one I use. Great suit.

Schu, I've gotta believe that wearing a dive mask would hurt something fierce at highway speeds. But it'd be worth it for the looks you got from passing cars, especially if you had a snorkel strapped to it.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:54 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rthomp159
That's the one I use. Great suit.

Schu, I've gotta believe that wearing a dive mask would hurt something fierce at highway speeds. But it'd be worth it for the looks you got from passing cars, especially if you had a snorkel strapped to it.
yeh, the snorkel would top it off perfectly

Old 04-15-2010, 08:01 PM
never say never
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rode 12 hours of pouring rain still dont own a rain suit,dont woorry your not going to melt if you get wet!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Nakkedbiker
Advanced

Originally Posted by schumacher
they're just run of the mill swimming goggles. never had a problem with fogging. They're this type:

always wanted to ride with one of these in the rain someday:

Needed that today on the ride home in San Antonio, Just missed the Jack-Knifed truck on Loop 1604. Rain Sucks, and no you wont melt But damn RAIN SUCKS.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:13 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm a fan of the H-D hi-viz. I have used mine 1 season and encountered plenty of rain and was happy with how well it performed. Never got rain inside the suit...was happy with the breathability and felt like I had a better than not chance of being seen by cagers in low-light, poor-visibility conditions. BUT, from what I can see (and I've looked) ALL the H-D rain suits look to be excellent for keeping you dry. All are well constructed and are made with the rider in mind...long in the back, large pockets, covered zippers, easy to put on over clothing/boots (while on the side of the road), not so "tent-like" that they'll flap in the wind, inside of legs is covered with material that won't melt...etc.

That being said, I'm not trying to hijack here (well, maybe just a little), after having worn the Men's size M for a season the women's version came out. Of course, I HAD to have it. Fits me better and is "cuter". SO, I'm selling my Hi-viz men's size M AND my friend is selling her men's size S.

If you don't mind wearing a pre-owned suit with just a slight hint of women's Chanel Mademoiselle perfume, then PM me if interested! (j/k about the perfume!)

Last edited by monstead; 04-15-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Maimas
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Boris Badenov
any prob's with people seeing you? I'm thinking "gray" isnt the best color for being seen in the rain with road spray and all coming up...seems like perfect "johnny invisible biker" outfit?

have you noticed more near misses or anything while wearing it?

No... The HD Emblem on the back of the jacket is reflective. I have only had to use my rain gear for actually riding in the rain one time, Lucky me...

Last edited by Maimas; 04-16-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Subu
Cruiser

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/cata...et-p-84_8.html

Tour Master, this stuff is great, it's a big thicker and really cheap, you're still going to get wet, but this is the best I've found so far.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:55 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a cheap set of rain gear that I bought from JP cycles, keep them in my bag at all times they work better for cold weather more than warm, better suited for wind breaker material but since they were bought from a motorcycle accessory shop they don't melt if they touch the pipes. I have had the intention of buying a good set but never really got around to it.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:43 PM
mjsawatzky
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got this set and actually had a chance last week to try it out in a rain/sleet storm. Got caught enough times with sub-par rain gear and finally had enough.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US
It performed very well, lightweight, reflective stuff all over it, and packs real small. And the pants have suspenders, huge plus for me.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Witty Soul
Banned
Default raingear

forget the k mart yellow special. spend the money and get a suit that keeps u dry. its worth it, trust me

Quick Reply: Raingear???