General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSRP At Most Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 05:05 AM
SVTNate
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If someone would share with me where I can look up invoice prices on new Harleys, I'd appreciate it. I looked at 2010 Street Glides today but wasn't planning on purchasing for another couple months, so I didn't talk numbers with the sales guy. I may hold out for a low-mile used bike, but since I'm in CA and I need the CA emissions package, that limits who I can purchase from (ie eBay).

Old 04-17-2010, 06:00 AM
Jerry1834
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Get your best price by shopping around....some will deal the stupid ones will not...Don't forget and tell them you want 20% off for all add on's....or no deal.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:16 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,123 Likes on 3,659 Posts

Originally Posted by blackpearl49
Thank you for your input. I live in FL weather not an issue. In the past 12 monts I put 6K miles on the bike. Would like to do more and hope I will with the touring bike! Your right about waiting and loosing out. I decided on the Sunglow color. Dealers are loaded with black and Silver. Although Every vehicle and bike I owned was black. Funny thing about this deal is I never double guess myself. I make a decision to buy and thats it. Cant figure out why I am double guessing myself. All goes well and I will be on a new bike this afternoon. Later!
My boss always tells me...If you walk away and feel you have been treated fairly and you got a halfway decent deal then you are ok. This time of the year is not always the best time to get a deal though because they are gonna sell a bike to somebody at some point...Good luck and ride on....

Old 04-17-2010, 06:53 AM
Jerry1834
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Are you happy with the deal? Thats the only thing that counts...Get out an ride...My 09 RKC has 32k on her...Where are you in FL?

Old 04-17-2010, 07:43 AM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 241 Likes on 161 Posts

One thing always seems to be the same no matter what your buying. If your quoted a high price to start with, the dealer can always come down to make you feel you beat him down and got a deal. If they quote you a super low price, they get it up to where they want with all the incidentals. just like the bait and switch guys. nothing sucks worse then buying something, and then hear how everyone else paid less then you.,,

Old 04-17-2010, 07:53 AM
racerdj
Club Member

The best deal is when you are getting ready to write the check or sign the deal.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:01 AM
k&j eglide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your deal sounds about like MSRP minus $1000 + tax, no freight, prep, doc fees, etc. The absolute best deal I've ever been offered on a new Harley was MSRP OTD (OTD means exactly that) but never for a touring bike. The touring bikes always sell well in Michigan and don't get discounted much. All in all, you got a fair deal. All of the advice to hold out and shop around for a better deal never seems to be for the bike you want. Bottom line is that you will be riding a new Electra Glide this weekend instead of waisting your spring trying to save another $50.

To the poster looking for invoice price on a street glide, I'll assume you mean the dealer's actual cost. If you could reliably find that number out, which you can't, it wouldn't be the bargaining tool you think. If the dealer says the bike is $22k OTD and you counter by telling them it only costs $15k, do you think they will just fold up and cut the price for you? Most dealers can't get all of the hot selling models they could sell. Street glides are currently a hot model and H-D corporate has cut production and unit shipment to the dealers. Why would they discount the bike you want when they know they can sell what limited supply they have for MSRP?

Old 04-17-2010, 08:31 AM
MilesJ
Road Master

It so hard to decide when you bought something, if it was a good deal or not. And inevitably, you will end up seeing it for s slightly lower price in a short while. it's the "s**t I shoulda" law lol.

Best cure for that is to get on that great new bike and get out on the road enjoying it. the price you paid becomes so much less important after a few hours of that. Enjoy the bike

Oh, and sarcasm is just one of the many fine services we supply here for free!

Old 04-17-2010, 08:38 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by racerdj
The best deal is when you are getting ready to write the check or sign the deal.
I agree........need to shop but when a deal you can live with is there, sign it and forget it.

We are shopping for late model (07 - 09) for the wife and the attitude I received local was like the old waiting list days. But it is also April, AZ Bike Week followed by Laughlin River Run. I think like others have stated, for us anyway it might be a good time to wait a few weeks and let the spring "blip" pass.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:48 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

just as buying a car, U'll have to look around.

Quick Reply: MSRP At Most Dealers