General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Husband got hit head on...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 06:48 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm glad your husband is ok and recovers.

I've got replacement cost coverage on my Ultra Classic. Hopfully it will never happen but no matter how old it is or how much I owe on it, the insurance company will pay for a new one. I think it's somewhere around $43 more per year.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Pebbles
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want to thank you all for your input...it's nice knowing that there's people out there who're on your side.....My husband went to the chiropractor yesterday, and was told that he'd be a fool if he went back to work before a year is up....he's a log cutter(logging). We did check on the other drivers insurance policy, and she's covered up to $500,000. I was also checking her driving record online, and she's had several excessive speeding tickets, plus one other reckless/innatentive driving charge on her. I failed to mention here that she had a 2 year old in the car with her. She has been seen before driving around here with that same 2 year old in the car not buckled up in the car seat. After the accident, that child had a huge goose egg on her head. Now, if she'd been buckled up correctly, I think it would be impossible that that little girl would get an injury on her head, wouldn't it? I'm almost thinking of calling child protective services on her.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:46 AM
eddie62
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is one of those cases where the insurance company will try to get away with paying as little as possible. Dont agree to anything, dont sign or cash anything until you have a least talked to a few good reputable attorneys

Old 04-15-2010, 10:53 AM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pebbles
Hi all, it's been awhile since I last logged on, life has been demanding, but I have been able to put almost 2,000 miles on so far this year .
Here's the deal...my husband was on his bike at a stop sign waiting to turn right(east). He was waiting for a vehicle that was heading east to go by, and there was another vehicle that was heading west that was going to make the left turn at the intersection....well, she got in a hurry to beat the vehicle that was heading east, and so cut the corner, turning into the left lane where my husband was, and hit him head on--thankfully he had angels with him that day.... . He came out of it not being paralyzed or dead. Had my husband been sitting by the yellow line, instead of the far right side of the right lane, she would have missed him--that's how far she cut the corner.....so, it's totally her fault, cut and dried.
Now, her insurance claimed that the bike is totalled--we agree to that. They are saying that they will pay off the loan ($19,000) plus give us $1,600 extra for loss of gear-jacket, etc. We had paid $15,000 on the loan, we had 2 years left to pay off the loan. Does it seem outrageous to expect the insurance company to get us another bike, with the total paid down $15,000, plus pay off the totalled bike?? Because....
My husband did get injuries from the accident, so he can't work. My paycheck won't cover all the bills every month, so our credit will be affected, so then how will we be able to get another loan to get a bike? We really believe that absolutely no extra money should come out of our pocket, because of a stupid decision some other driver made. What do you gals and guys think about this???

I think you need a good Lawyer.