General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearview Shields - No feedback

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010 | 12:31 PM
shortride
|
Ultimate HDF Member
Default Clearview Shields - No feedback

I placed an order for a Clearview Shields windshield for my '09 Ultra Classic on March 30th. Their lead time for windshield not in stock are 2 to 3 weeks. I hope it's reasonable to assume the one I ordered wasn't in stock. I realized it's only been 2 weeks since my order but I emailed them for a status of my order on April 7th and have not received a reply or feedback. I've called several time, only to get a "we're helping other customers" recording. There are either a lot of "other customers" or nobody's home, because I've called 14 times, one right after the other with no answer. Are they at a rally maybe?

Is anyone else getting this type of service? I get a little nervous when I can't get an email or phone reply.

Last edited by shortride; 04-28-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-12-2010 | 01:08 PM
doctorharrison
Tourer

Originally Posted by bikes
I placed an order for a Clearview Shields windshield for my '09 Ultra Classic on March 30th. Their lead time for windshield not in stock are 2 to 3 weeks. I hope it's reasonable to assume the one I ordered wasn't in stock. I realized it's only been 2 weeks since my order but I emailed them for a status of my order on April 7th and have not received a reply or feedback. I've called several time, only to get a "we're helping other customers" recording. There are either a lot of "other customers" or nobody's home, because I've called 14 times, one right after the other with no answer. Are them at a rally maybe?

Is anyone else getting this type of service? I get a little nervous when I can't get an email or phone reply.

I called them on Saturday (probably 6 times) and got the same recorded message - finally, left my phone number as their message suggests (did you?) and they DID call back a few hours later. They are swamped and they are decent and honorable, working hard on the rush of orders for the new riding season. Uncertain as to why there was no response to your email but it seems, at least to me, they will call back.

Good luck and ride safe.

Old 04-12-2010 | 01:16 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

My friend ordered a 8" smoke for his SG. He got it in 3-4 days but they sent him a clear by mistake. He kept it & loves it.

Old 04-12-2010 | 01:25 PM
shortride
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Now I'm getting a recording that says, "sorry, this mailbox is full, please try again later." Now I can't even leave a message. Maybe they need a little more competition to take some of the load off.

Last edited by shortride; 04-12-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-12-2010 | 03:12 PM
michaelm
Tourer

Be patient. Clearview is a great but small company. You'll get great service and be thrilled with your shield. Their reputation is rising because of good reviews on this and other forums...

Old 04-12-2010 | 04:47 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

Wow. I called them on a Tuesday and my XXL gray shield was on my porch the following Friday. It wasn't a blem either. I found them responsive and helpful. Maybe I just got lucky. Sure love the shield though. It would have been worth waiting for.

Old 04-12-2010 | 11:35 PM
vtwin1340
Club Member

I am glad that they are busy working, and making my windshield instead of answering phone calls. They clearly state that it takes 2 to three weeks to ship the product. Good company, good product.

Old 04-13-2010 | 03:58 AM
hardwork2
Road Warrior

I got mine about a week after ordering but it was winter time(Jan.) Great product.

Old 04-13-2010 | 06:37 AM
littlebear
Tourer

Hang in there, it took 3 weeks to get mine, and it was worth the wait.

Old 04-13-2010 | 07:05 AM
shortride
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by vtwin1340
I am glad that they are busy working, and making my windshield instead of answering phone calls. They clearly state that it takes 2 to three weeks to ship the product. Good company, good product.
They also state, "To check the status your order" Please e-mail, status@clearviewshields.com

I was only checking the status of my order not wanting to know why they haven't shipped.

I haven't know many successful long term businesses that failed to answer their phone, return a call, or reply to an e-mail status inquiries within 2 weeks.

Last edited by shortride; 04-13-2010 at 07:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Clearview Shields - No feedback