General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearview Shields - No feedback

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010 | 08:38 AM
fpdsniper
Advanced

Originally Posted by bikes
They also state, "To check the status your order" Please e-mail, status@clearviewshields.com

I was only checking the status of my order not wanting to know why they haven't shipped.

I haven't know many successful long term businesses that failed to answer their phone, return a call, or reply to an e-mail status inquiries within 2 weeks.

Well, my online business has done great for 6 years now. However, when I get busy I find it impossible to answer all emails and phone calls and still get orders out the door. I sell firearms accessories very cheap, so I don't make enough to be able to afford to hire employees. Most of my customers know this, and don't get too upset with me. Sounds like Clearview is similar in that regard. I'll probably order a windshield from them myself.

Donnie

Old 04-13-2010 | 01:51 PM
BigDog1954
Intermediate
Thumbs up

Ordered on Monday recieved on Thursday. I ordered an in stock blem. I could not find any blemished area any where. Will order again from them again.

Old 04-13-2010 | 02:05 PM
honorsdaddy
Road Master

Originally Posted by bikes
I haven't know many successful long term businesses that failed to answer their phone, return a call, or reply to an e-mail status inquiries within 2 weeks.
Eh - most customers take the time to pay attention to little things like "Leave a message" or "may take us a bit to get back to you" or "it will take 2-3 weeks"...You apparently think they should stop working on everyone else's stuff to answer your phone call/email.

Seriously dude - chill. This is the start of the season, the product is in VERY high demand, and they're a small company. Based upon the universally positive experience people have with them, I would say your experience is....unique.

Old 04-13-2010 | 03:46 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior

Clearview ought to raise his prices 50% or so - that would either cut demand to a manageable level or pay for a person to answer the phones/emails......

Old 04-23-2010 | 10:11 AM
shortride
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for the encouragement guys. It's going into the 4th week now. For those of you that think this is normal business practices, I don't know what to tell you. If Clearview had made a statement on their website that they don't have someone answering all of the phone calls and can't answer all email right away, I would not have had a problem with that. On the other-hand, the reason they didn't is obvious.

Last edited by shortride; 04-23-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-23-2010 | 11:31 AM
tbrenan
Road Captain

I just started a thread asking if they were still in business--they quoted 6/8 weeks for 2 custom shields its now 10 weeks, they have billed my card and they have NOT replied to three email enquiries about delivery status-- the phone deal--has me questioning if they are still in business

Old 04-23-2010 | 11:52 AM
pettifogger1
Tourer

They were at the Arizona Bike Week last week. I bought a windshield from them. Very nice folks. Not an excuse for not responding to customers, but a lot of small businesses have no one in the shop when they are on the road. I'm heading for Laughlin in a few hours. If I see them there, I'll post when I get back.

Old 04-23-2010 | 03:21 PM
shortride
|
Ultimate HDF Member

You guys need to be careful about complaining to much.

Why didn't they just tell people they were going to be gone to a rally. I would have taken that into consideration. We should have to assume that. I guess that's not supose to be part of customer service.

I could wait for 3 to ???? how ever many weeeks if I had known in advance.

Old 04-23-2010 | 03:27 PM
shortride
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by honorsdaddy
Eh - most customers take the time to pay attention to little things like "Leave a message" or "may take us a bit to get back to you" or "it will take 2-3 weeks"...You apparently think they should stop working on everyone else's stuff to answer your phone call/email.

Seriously dude - chill. This is the start of the season, the product is in VERY high demand, and they're a small company. Based upon the universally positive experience people have with them, I would say your experience is....unique.
You haven't any idea what you're talking about. How do you know I didn't leave a message? I never implied I expect them to stop working on everyone else's stuff to answer my phone call. I only wanted some feedback, do you think that's asking to much? The feedback I did get was not correct if in fact they went to a rally.

Old 04-28-2010 | 05:57 PM
shortride
|
Ultimate HDF Member

4 weeks today and still counting.

Quick Reply: Clearview Shields - No feedback