General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I ran into the fat arsed LEO that gave me a loud pipes ticket!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 09:40 AM
n2thecraft
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevent
When a cop asked my bro-in-law if we knew why he pulled us over he replied, "just being a ***** I guess"..we spent about an hour on the side of the road while the cop and his back up went through our stuff with a fine tooth comb looking for something to bust us on...

Now that's F'n funny right there!! Drag for bro-in-law, but funny as hell!

Old 04-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Nikon D700
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
BUT, it is a sad day when the LEO has to resort to checking for baffles instead of out hunting for a drunk driver, murderer, rapist, soccer mom in the huge SUV talking on her cell phone, the idiot that is weaving in and out of traffic,....come on he could of found a better way to make his quota.

And all of the people you listed would say the same thing.....well maybe not the rapist or the murderer......

Could be that he was part of a traffic enforcement team and thought writing eqiupment tickets rather than moving violations would be better? I'll take the equipment ticket over a moving violation any day.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:52 AM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The long screw in the end caps would stop any night sticks. And a long screw with a washer welded on it can be adjustable for the noise level in cop town.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:54 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
Have you considered a career in sales? Sounds like you have that majic ability to warm right up to people. Reminds me of the time my buddy got stopped for riding with no helmet when we had a helmet law. The LEO is being real professional and telling him it is the law whether he agrees or not. My buddy asks him; " If you weren't a pig would you wear a f**king helmet?"

That's when the wheels fell off........
Ha! That one made me chuckle! Your buddy, hopefully, learned a valuable lesson that day!

Mostly positive comments from the posters, I'm impressed!

Old 04-12-2010, 10:19 AM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,342 Likes on 1,518 Posts

Originally Posted by stevent
Oh Baloney, he's a pig in or out of uniform and he f*cked you over...you should have sucker punched him then you and your buds rat-pack him and beat his *** good! Don't let all the cop cars, uniform, guns, radios, swat team, news helicopters etc scare you, you're a Biker dammit show 'em you who you are!!!!!!!!
I would hope you are not as close to Darwin's Theory of Evolution as you would suggest in your post..

Old 04-12-2010, 10:29 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Riding with loud pipes, ya pay ya money, and take ya chances. ... You lost one time!

Old 04-12-2010, 10:47 AM
EvilWayz
Tourer

Originally Posted by panz4ever
I would hope you are not as close to Darwin's Theory of Evolution as you would suggest in your post..
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:55 AM
pjmoraldo
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like the make friends with him idea

Old 04-12-2010, 11:02 AM
DanD
Road Captain

Cops are people too,there's good and bad.I've known cops who were good men,and Decent people and have the utmost respect for them.but,then OTH,there are those who chose that profession just for an excuse to bully people and to see how big of a dick they can be,I think some are in it just for the power trip.Sometimes,it's best just to ignore the second kind when ya see em if ya can.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:05 AM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Getting a 'tude' with cops, while momentarily tempting, always makes things worse, and a decent behavior can improve the situation immensely.

Years ago, on the first really warm spring day, me and a couple of friends were cruising open country on secondary roads....and only seeing about 1 car every 30 minutes or so. We passed a state trooper parked on the edge of the road, facing the opposite direction we were traveling in (maybe doing 5 mph over the speed limit). I'm in the rear, and watching the trooper in my mirrors....and I see him turn around and head after us, running the old blue light special.

I start pulling over, as did the rider in the middle, and the lead rider (one of my closest friends, and a guy I'll never be able to ride as well as) just keeps going, blissfully unaware of the trooper behind him. We pull back onto the road and follow to watch what's gonna happen. The trooper is following our friend about 2 feet behind his rear fender, they're both doing about 65 mph, and this goes on for about a mile until the trooper blasts him with the siren.

That gets his attention, but what do we see down the road? A couple more state patrol crown vics, on both sides of the road, with the troopers standing in back of their vehicles...signaling us to pull over. He'd set up a road block for us.

The trooper from the pursuit car...a big hoss of a guy....walks over, obviously as irritated as hell...and the first words out of my friend's mouth were ..."officer, I plead guilty to having a head full of ****". All of the troopers grinned, they checked licenses, and ignored that the lead rider had an obvious non-DOT helmet (a big deal to the state patrol in this state). No tickets, no ***-chewing...just a simple "be careful out there". Coulda ended much worse.

Quick Reply: I ran into the fat arsed LEO that gave me a loud pipes ticket!