General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riser issue on my Fatboy Lo (advice required)please

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Arv
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riser issue on my Fatboy Lo (advice required)please

Hi all

I have booked in fatty to have beachbars fitted (all Harley parts), and i see the risers there going to use and im not happy.

There about an inch higher than my stock risers so about 3-1/2" high, but I wanted to go lower,say 1-1/2 high
IS THERE AN ISSUE WITH BARS HITTING TANK CAP WITH LO RISERS, ON FULL LOCK??

Can you tell me why they have to use them please?
Dont get me wrong there nice looking, narrow clamping area and the bolts are undernieth ,so its all smooth on top (no bolts showing).

Is there a Harley part No; for 1-1/4"dia 1-1/2 high risers?

Many Thanks chaps & chapes's

Old 04-08-2010, 10:53 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

beach bars can sit up a little bit off of the forks.
why do you want them so low?

Old 04-08-2010, 11:00 AM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the beach bars have plenty of room between tank and bars. You also have plenty of room for adjustment, twisting the bars up or down, usually. If you have concerns, prolly best place to ask would be where yer havin 'em installed. They may know something I/we don't?

If that was a decision of the installer, I'd think they shouldn't have any prob giving you the 'feel' you want...

Schu, my brother just got an old dyna and installed drag bars similar to yours. Me sitting on his bike is pretty uncomfortable for me. He loves the way they seat him. He had a pair of pull backs when he bought it. Those didn't suit him either. I'm one that likes the feel of low bars. The burly beach bars make me drool, but riding comfort forces me to use the high street bars I've installed. I prolly didn't need to explain all that bein as I'm sure you know all too well, that it's about personal comfort more than anything...

Last edited by CroK; 04-08-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Arv
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
why do you want them so low?
I think it would look better lower, rather than have risers that would suit Ape bars etc
Originally Posted by CroK
Most of the beach bars have plenty of room between tank and bars. You also have plenty of room for adjustment, twisting the bars up or down, usually. If you have concerns, prolly best place to ask would be where yer havin 'em installed. They may know something I/we don't?

If that was a decision of the installer, I'd think they shouldn't have any prob giving you the 'feel' you want...
The guy was very helpful but didnt have a clue to be fare, we had risers out and the bars, and i was placing them over there fatty in the showrrom to see if there was anything obvious, why it had to be so high.

Last edited by Arv; 04-08-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:46 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

ya might try asking this in the Softail section as well. Quite a few guys running beach bars in there