General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tools defined

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010 | 09:42 AM
Navy Mustang
|
Road Master
Default Tools defined

Thought some may enjoy this:

DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, denting the freshly-painted project which you had carefully set in the corner where nothing could get to it.

WIRE WHEEL: Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light . Also removes fingerprints and hard-earned calluses from fingers in about the time it takes you to say, 'Oh sh--!'

SKILL SAW: A portable cutting tool used to make studs too short.

PLIERS: Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the creation of blood-blisters.

BELT SANDER: An electric sanding tool commonly used to convert minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs.

HACKSAW: One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle... It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes..

VISE-GRIPS: Generally used after pliers to completely round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

OXYACETYLENE TORCH: Used almost entirely for lighting various flammable objects in your shop on fire. Also handy for igniting the grease inside the wheel hub out of which you want to remove a bearing race.

TABLE SAW: A large stationary power tool commonly used to launch wood projectiles for testing wall integrity.

HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK: Used for lowering an automobile to the ground after you have installed your new brake shoes, trapping the jack handle firmly under the bumper.

BAND SAW: A large stationary power saw primarily used by most shops to cut good aluminum sheet into smaller pieces that more easily fit into the trash can after you cut on the inside of the line instead of the outside edge.

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER: Normally used to stab the vacuum seals under lids or for opening old-style paper-and-tin oil cans and splashing oil on your shirt; but can also be used, as the name implies, to strip out Phillips screw heads.

STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER: A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert common slotted screws into non-removable screws and butchering your palms.

PRY BAR: A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip or bracket you needed to remove in order to replace a 50 cent part.

HOSE CUTTER: A tool used to make hoses too short.

HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the object we are trying to hit.

UTILITY KNIFE: Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons delivered to your front door; works particularly well on contents such as seats, vinyl records, liquids in plastic bottles, collector magazines, refund checks, and rubber or plastic parts. Especially useful for slicing work clothes, but only while in use.

SON-OF-A-BITCH TOOL: (A personal favorite!!) Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling 'Son of a BITCH!' at the top of your lungs. It is also, most often, the next tool that you will need.

Hope you found this informative.

Old 04-07-2010 | 09:48 AM
Blargh
Road Captain

SON-OF-A-BITCH TOOL
got lots of those...many frequent flier miles on 'em too

Old 04-07-2010 | 09:58 AM
happyh99
Intermediate

Awesome!

Old 04-07-2010 | 10:09 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member

I have a couple of those lying around. lol.

Old 04-07-2010 | 10:24 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member

Good read man and oh so true LOL!

Old 04-07-2010 | 10:32 AM
eddie62
Advanced

another favorite of mine is the "aerospace darkness penetration unit" = Air Force Flashlight......I also like the son of a bitch tool also, but I prefer the left handed ones

Old 04-07-2010 | 01:03 PM
PHAT A$$
Tourer

that was a good one... I usually throw that son-of-a-bitch tool at something that breaks as well!

Old 04-07-2010 | 01:07 PM
DMas
Road Master

You were in the garage with me last night, weren't ya?

Old 04-07-2010 | 03:45 PM
username17
Cruiser

haha that was great

Old 04-07-2010 | 07:18 PM
dvmweb
Tourer

And all along I thought it was just me that was using my tools the wrong way! I feel better now.

Thanks for the hoot.

Wlt MI/USA

Quick Reply: Tools defined