Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I do it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 09:11 AM
mike@nhca.us
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep the Train and put the 2-3k into upgrading whatever you want.

Mike

Old 04-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Clutch13
Cruiser

Just my opinion, but I'd keep the train...I'm not a big fan of Ultima engines.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by eliems
Yes I just do short hops around town, (the train is no long distance ride either). This Pro Street is a rigid frame so even worse and I imagine that big Ultima would vibrate a lot?
Yep she's gonna vibrate a lot compared to your balanced TC. You have ridden a 300mm but have you ridden a rigid? Hope you got a good back. Check your insurance rates before you purchase, it will go up.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:11 AM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep what you have. There's a reason why the seller is looking to trade for a NT. I had a rigd before, and all I can tell you it that it's getting old with the time. No ground clearance, you'll need a second mortgage when you'll need a new tire, and the resale? Well, ask that guy... You'll always be able to get rid of a well maintained HD. A custom? The buyers are few, as the big chopper boom is pretty much over.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:13 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

If you want it, and it seems like a deal for you GO FOR IT, you only live once, you are the only person you have to convince. If I had the chance I would!!!

Old 04-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Skitzer
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd keep the Train ....... not made anymore and are badass rides!

Old 04-06-2010, 11:55 AM
sp9997
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would also keep the train 127" motor vibrating on a hardtail... good rake on the bike and 300 mm tire would take some serious getting used to ..if you know what I mean + if you have a good back it would not be for long ...just my 2 cents.... usually I dont listen to anyone I do what pleases me ...

Old 04-06-2010, 12:10 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned

Keep the NT!

Old 04-06-2010, 01:59 PM
DocJ
Road Master

Again, this is a Harley forum...what do you expect?

However, generally speaking, when people get into customs, it's for keeps. Customs take time, effort, and money. Not to mention, turnaround is difficult and slow in most cases. In the long run, you wouldn't be able to resale that bike for what you could resale your NightTrain for.

The important thing to remember here is. 1) You currently have a NICE Harley that will provide you with comfort, reliability, and endless modification options; 2) There is placed before you a silver platter. And, in that platter is a beautiful bike. Essentially, a once in a lifetime opportunity. But, this bike is SO beautiful that it will not provide the comfort and long-term investment potential that your night-train will.

I'm not saying that it's too good to be true, so don't take it that way. If this option were laid before any of us, I think we'd all be tempted. At the moment, it likely is a very good deal.

But, let me mention something here. We have one BigDog and one IronHorse at my local HD store that each came in on trade for HDs. They have both been sitting there for several months. Not one offer on either. People tend to prefer spending their money on something that isn't as "blingy" and making it their own. So, if you go with this bike, just remember that it is for keeps. These bikes aren't made to be primary drivers, and I think that is what has a lot of other guys on here worried. But, it is YOUR call. YOU do what YOU want.

As said before, you only live once.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Sprocketus
3rd Gear

Big tire bikes sure are ugly. Keep whatcha got, or get a real shovelhead.

Quick Reply: Should I do it?