General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Think I've Bought The Wrong Bike...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Classic Eagle
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I been married to my babe for 26 years. Thats why when it came time to buy another bike, I decided on the EGC. For BOTH of us to enjoy..Nuff said!

Old 04-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Spartawide
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My advice is keep the bike and find a new wife who fits the bike!

I'm just kidding but I had to write this so my wife can get pissed at me!

Old 04-05-2010, 07:59 PM
TFTCAR
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by LAMing

The "plan" is to keep the Deuce and purchase a used touring bike. The Deuce will be used for solo excursions and local jaunts... the touring bike for overnighters and vacations. HOWEVER... that is the "plan"... as we ALL know, plans can change.

Thanks for the input!
That is the perfect plan, You will not regret it.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:32 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Twincamwog
Wow...just read all these posts...and I'm beside myself with laughter!Sounds like the most important thing to you guys is to keep the wife happy...Obvious who wears the pants around your households...There are plenty of staunch biker girls out there who dont whine and whinge about touring comfort...If you guys had any *****,you'd do what I did...change the woman...not the bike or it's bling factors
You make the bike comfortable for yourself. Why not do the same for your woman. It's rather moronic for anyone to think a guy is whipped just because he cares about his woman. You can enjoy the ride much more if she enjoys it also. That's kind of the point in bringing her along, eh? - because you are both enjoying what you are doing?

Old 04-05-2010, 11:25 PM
ehans
Tourer

Originally Posted by Twincamwog
Wow...just read all these posts...and I'm beside myself with laughter!Sounds like the most important thing to you guys is to keep the wife happy...Obvious who wears the pants around your households...There are plenty of staunch biker girls out there who dont whine and whinge about touring comfort...If you guys had any *****,you'd do what I did...change the woman...not the bike or it's bling factors
Some of us actually love our woman and would put her needs and desires against our own. What makes me happy is when my wife is happy.

I wouldn't look at as her happiness over mine anyway when it comes to riding. It is one of those things we do together, and that makes it far more enjoyable than if it was just my hobby that I occasionally brought her along on.

I'll have to defer to you on the size of your ***** though. I am sure you hold them quite a bit and are the expert on their size.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

Best of luck, would be great to keep the Duece AND get a touring bike

Old 04-06-2010, 11:48 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default offset/adjustable passenger peg mount

I put these on and it moves pegs outward maybe 1/2-3/4" but allows you to rotate the mount to lower/raise/more front/more back. There is a lot of range available. I believe the photo shows them moving pegs toward front mostly and slightly up to give my grandkids sneakers some room on the pipes when they get careless. Adjustment is made on the bike with a setscrew deal in the end, loosen, adjust, tighten. I like my Deuce too much and already had offsets from so transferred them over and they are as handy on Deuce as they were on the Dyna. As I recall they were around $75 from Kuryaken (?). The wider seat helps the butt factor for your wife so it solution may be as simple as these adjusters. Not much more seat no matter how you "upgrade' models. My two up seat is a LePera Sorrento which is my 4th attempt and it is a huge improvement front and rear over anything I tried..been on there 10K and it looks a wee bit better than Sundowner IMHO but looks take a back seat (pardon the pun) to comfort under way. John

Old 04-06-2010, 12:00 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Turtle
I have a "Standard Glide" and I couldn't be happier. I may be a bit old school, but I don't think one needs a radio on a scooter. My 06' does have a five speed, and a penchant for turning timing chain tensioners to dust but I love it. No extra alarms, CB's or electronic cruise controls to screw up.
This all ads up to "I can work on mine!"
An 07' standard will get you the six speed and one of them fancy alarms which could get you stuck in a bad place at a bad time, but I know not what I'm missing there! Just change the fob battery every year and you should be good to go. And make sure you have the bypass code just in case. The 09' Standard sounds like the way to go if your not afraid of high tech.
My $0.02!

aka Bob
This is pretty much what I was thinking too. The fancy alarm which can strand you can be removed though.