General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay and a jack off buyer (venting)

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010 | 07:49 PM
gsxrboy96
|
Road Warrior
Default Ebay and a jack off buyer (venting)

Ok, so i put a tour pack on ebay for my little brother, it is damaged on the right front corner, This is noted and pics are taken of the damage, I even state its damaged, So this pack sells for over 600 bux still, Send it to this yuppie jack off up north, who expects a new tour pack, He files a claim with ebay, and says its damaged..lol ....well no ****. The buyer also states its cracked where i didnt say it was, blah blah blah, So ebay tells him to send it back to me, So i get it, sure enough, it has a brand new fresh crack that hes attempted to repair, so now my tour pack is cracked and sanded on, It was usable before this jack off got his yuppie hands on it, now, not so much, Well. lucky for me, i have pics of the insdie of the pack, no previous damage! and guess what, Ebay awards this guy his money back, UNBELIEVABLE, and hes now left me negative feedback, so i go to state my case on his feedback, IM not allowed to leave negative feedback...wtf ! just be careful who you sell stuff to, and at the end of the day, nobody has your back, even when your in the rite, yuppies.

Old 04-03-2010 | 09:03 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master

The rules have been clear for some time now that sellers are not allowed to leave negative feedback.

What makes you so certain of the socioeconomic status of the buyer? Or do you just have a bee in your bonnett about "yuppies" (whatever they are)?

Old 04-03-2010 | 09:22 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member

I was feeling your pain except the yuppie comment X 10. Why the "yuppie?" I got burned (not ebay) by a guy here on HDF long since banned who came across the complete opposite. I ranted a bit, but didn't call him poor redneck.

Jerks come in all flavors and sounds like you found one. Too bad, wish it hadn't happened to you.

Old 04-04-2010 | 05:47 AM
rkingw
Cruiser

Any chance of shipping damage?

Old 04-04-2010 | 07:34 AM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by gsxrboy96
Ok, so i put a tour pack on ebay for my little brother, it is damaged on the right front corner, This is noted and pics are taken of the damage, I even state its damaged, So this pack sells for over 600 bux still, Send it to this yuppie jack off up north, who expects a new tour pack, He files a claim with ebay, and says its damaged..lol ....well no ****. The buyer also states its cracked where i didnt say it was, blah blah blah, So ebay tells him to send it back to me, So i get it, sure enough, it has a brand new fresh crack that hes attempted to repair, so now my tour pack is cracked and sanded on, It was usable before this jack off got his yuppie hands on it, now, not so much, Well. lucky for me, i have pics of the insdie of the pack, no previous damage! and guess what, Ebay awards this guy his money back, UNBELIEVABLE, and hes now left me negative feedback, so i go to state my case on his feedback, IM not allowed to leave negative feedback...wtf ! just be careful who you sell stuff to, and at the end of the day, nobody has your back, even when your in the rite, yuppies.

I see no problem with how this went except for the " yuppie jack off up north" comment. He got something that was not as described so he is protected by eBay...

Did you get shipping insurance, if you have the before and after pics you could make a claim.

Old 04-04-2010 | 07:50 AM
deanp1964
Road Master

feedback left matches your rant if you axe me....

Old 04-04-2010 | 07:51 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member

I forgot the "up north" part.......OP is not upset at yuppies, he hates yankees. Now that part of the rant makes sense.

I never sold anything with cosmetic damage before on ebay but I can see where an unscrupulous buyer could have you by the short hairs if he/she wanted. I don't know how to get around that in the future....maybe 10 pic's in the ad with circles around the areas?

Old 04-04-2010 | 08:13 AM
schumacher
Club Member

ebay sucks period anymore...........
they don't give a **** about the sellers anymore with all of the new rules

Old 04-04-2010 | 08:53 AM
Lardog666
Elite HDF Member

I've NEVER trusted Ebay. I've ALWAYS trusted the fact that people want something for nothing. A wise man said (R A Heinlein) that "you cannot cheat a man who doesn't already have larceny in his heart." This is SO true...

Old 04-04-2010 | 09:33 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member

E-bay = E-screwed, any way ya look at it. ..........Sooner or later you will get HOSED using Ebay.

Quick Reply: Ebay and a jack off buyer (venting)