General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay and a jack off buyer (venting)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010 | 07:33 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member

Sorry with your situation regarding Ebay. I haven't sold anything on Ebay but have purchased quite a few items and have been satisfied so far. Hopefully, you'll have better experiences in selling items in the future.

Old 04-05-2010 | 07:43 PM
tibadoe
Outstanding HDF Member

Sorry you got burned. Have sold & purchased on ebay in the past but don't do it any more. They have become to much like any other online retail site. Fees are to high and they don't care about the little small-time auction man.

Old 04-05-2010 | 07:49 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by IndyClassic
I forgot the "up north" part.......OP is not upset at yuppies, he hates yankees.
That's funny..."up North" to me means some dude from San Francisco, or the Bay Area. In an extreme case, Canada.

I gotta know...are we considered "Yankees" out here in California? Never had anybody call me that before. Whenever I hear the term "Yankee," I envision somebody like Derek Jeter in pinstripes.

Old 04-05-2010 | 08:51 PM
kevmic28
Road Warrior

I have had so many issues with Ebay I only go on there as a last resort. Biggest one was for a 100 bucks. I bought 2 70's Harley gas tanks. rusted and useless but for what I wanted it for to hang in my gameroom. The seller listed a whole bunch of items at once. like over a 1000 then once he got the money for the items. He disappeared. I filed disputes with Ebay, USPS and didnt get anywhere. No money back just an email from ebay saying that my disputed was closed. Never got my tanks or my money back. He canceled his account and just disappeared.
Its amazing how fast someone will screw you over the internet when they dont have to look you in the face.

Old 04-05-2010 | 08:58 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by kevmic28
I have had so many issues with Ebay I only go on there as a last resort. Biggest one was for a 100 bucks. I bought 2 70's Harley gas tanks. rusted and useless but for what I wanted it for to hang in my gameroom. The seller listed a whole bunch of items at once. like over a 1000 then once he got the money for the items. He disappeared. I filed disputes with Ebay, USPS and didnt get anywhere. No money back just an email from ebay saying that my disputed was closed. Never got my tanks or my money back. He canceled his account and just disappeared.
Its amazing how fast someone will screw you over the internet when they dont have to look you in the face.

How was his feedback...personally I will only buy from sellers with 99% plus positive feedback

Old 04-05-2010 | 08:58 PM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member

Got burned once as a seller, but otherwise OK. eBay says they "investigate" disputes, but they don't. Their replies to complaints are bot generated...and just encourage buyer and seller to sort it out. Their eventual bot generated determination is for the buyer to return the item. Pictures don't mean anything...no one at eBay looks at them, and when you use their dispute system there is no provision to attached a photo to back up your side. Best thing to do is look at your buyer/sellers history for clues that indicate you may be dealing with a cronk.

Old 04-05-2010 | 09:08 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Then Came Bronson
That's funny..."up North" to me means some dude from San Francisco, or the Bay Area. In an extreme case, Canada.

I gotta know...are we considered "Yankees" out here in California? Never had anybody call me that before. Whenever I hear the term "Yankee," I envision somebody like Derek Jeter in pinstripes.
I don't think we're Yankees. I think they refer to us as Nuts and Fruits.

Old 04-05-2010 | 09:11 PM
kevmic28
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 2kids3pets
How was his feedback...personally I will only buy from sellers with 99% plus positive feedback
Actually he had a good feedback. 98 or 99 I think.
I kinda have a theory about it but no basis on it but I figure the guy running the business died and his punk *** kid got ahold of things and screwed everyone. Just a theory but it seems plausable.

Old 04-05-2010 | 09:39 PM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
I don't think we're Yankees. I think they refer to us as Nuts and Fruits.
Ya got it backwards...it's Fruits and Nuts. But I think the nuts are gaining...

Old 04-05-2010 | 09:51 PM
dabluesguy
Road Master

Just to make things clear, Yankee (as in Jeter) is a derogatory term. Worse is to call somebody a Steinbrenner.

Quick Reply: Ebay and a jack off buyer (venting)