General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay and a jack off buyer (venting)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010 | 09:50 AM
gsxrboy96
|
Road Warrior

Well since you all are so sensitive to the word yuppie, ill make sure i refrain from using it again, and the reason i used up north, has nothing to do with the north, i had originally posted the state the guy was in, and thought better of it, Heres the deal, The pack was damaged on the top lid, Whenever he recieved it, he says it was damaged on the bottom, which i had pics of,(and it wasnt damaged) So if it was damaged when he recieved it, we could have went thru ups for the insurance, but he chose not to do that, he chose to try to fix it, which leads me to believe he broke it?? who would try to fix a problem that had been damaged in shipping??????? so tell me why i should be ok, with being forced to return a guys money, who has sanded, broken, my tour pack? i thought id get more nightmare stories like this, or support, but guess none of you have been taken like that, and to deanp, its guys like you, that are going to force me to no longer sell on ebay, douche bag.

Old 04-04-2010 | 10:21 AM
Ironhand
Road Master

"i thought id get more nightmare stories like this, or support, but guess none of you have been taken like that, and to deanp, its guys like you, that are going to force me to no longer sell on ebay, douche bag."
Almost felt sory for you till you made it personal with someone here. Sellers like you are the problem not us as a group of readers.

Old 04-04-2010 | 10:35 AM
choppdwg
Banned

[quote=Ironhand;6515866]"i thought id get more nightmare stories like this, or support, but guess none of you have been taken like that, and to deanp, its guys like you, that are going to force me to no longer sell on ebay, douche bag."
Almost felt sory for you till you made it personal with someone here. Sellers like you are the problem not us as a group of readers.[/quote i second that opinion.

Old 04-04-2010 | 10:48 AM
gsxrboy96
|
Road Warrior

sorry guys im just aggarvated with this whole deal,

Old 04-04-2010 | 11:01 AM
coiledup
Tourer

Hey man don't be sorry! If any of these people had been burned for 600 bucks + shipping and then gotten there stuff back in worse condition then when they sent it out, and then got negative feedback, which again means everything on crap bay, there names would be on this thread and not yours.

Last edited by coiledup; 04-04-2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: dislexic keyboard
Old 04-05-2010 | 04:54 PM
DC-LoudSound
Road Captain

e-bay blows for sooo many reasons ....

Old 04-05-2010 | 05:27 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master

eBay is perfectly fine if you know how to use it and you exercise good sense. I've been trading under my current ID there since 2002 (and I had an earlier ID that I lost the sign-on info for). Never had a problem. And I have been a seller as often as I have been a buyer. It's like any market, you have to know how to use it.

To the OP -- I have no idea whether you were ripped off or not, so I make no judgments. I take your story on its face value and I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. But as someone else implied, if your posts here are any indication of how you handle things, you don't belong on eBay at all.

Old 04-05-2010 | 07:20 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

I'm with just a guy here. I have over 500 ebay transactions, both ways, with only 3-4 problems. To the OP, it is up to you as the shipper to file a claim with ups. (we could have went thru ups for the insurance, but he chose not to do that) The buyer can not make a UPS claim. My guess is you didn't insure it but UPS automatically allows up to $100.00 insurance for any package shipped. Just produce your ebay sale price but it's probably too late now.

Last edited by golfblues; 04-05-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-05-2010 | 07:24 PM
lohawg
Cruiser

Been messing with ebay and craigslist for a little while, not burned yet but I feel your pain on getting a bad buyer. It seems like ebay is trying to keep the buyers happy and it seems they are trying to turn it into a big retailing operation instead of auctioning person-to-person.

So now, instead of a realistic resolution, they are just doing the refund like a big box store and sending the bill to the seller, yeah, it encourages a lot of retail but seller beware, if you are a low volume seller they don't care anymore, they are racking it in on the the big sellers.

If you have a couple of items try craigslist, the buyer can come look at it and probably will be happy with it and not have the option to mess with it and return it.

Old 04-05-2010 | 07:31 PM
Lifelong Biker
Tourer

I actually agree with GSXR96, on the fact if he included pics of the damage and buyer didn't bother to examine pics, then sends Item back damaged even more, I'd be pissed too. I'm sure he is telling the truth or he would not be soo pissed off. His yuppie term is his way of calling the buyer an assh-le! I buy alot on Ebay, have about a 5% burn, but I get many good deals, so I take good with bad! Sorry to hear of your bad experiance, by the way what was the selling price for the tour pac??

Quick Reply: Ebay and a jack off buyer (venting)