General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley-Davidson Merger News Release leaked!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 02:26 AM
1FortyEight
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Harley-Davidson Merger News Release leaked!

Harley-Davidson / American Honda Motor Company Merger – Honda-Davidson Motor Company

MILWAUKEE (April 1, 2010) – We are pleased to announce today that Harley-Davidson and American Honda Motor Company are now officially operating as one. This combination unites the two motorcycle market leaders and the new company name will be Honda-Davidson. The merger will took place yesterday when the American Honda Motor Company completed the purchase of 51% of Harley-Davidson stock.

Together, we are uniquely positioned to provide motorcycle enthusiasts with the most comprehensive line of motorcycles the world has ever seen.

The merger, brought on by the declining motorcycle market and international financial crisis, will allow the new combined company to continue providing the world with the highest quality motorcycles. During the transition, Honda-Davidson will adhere to the established product roadmaps for our existing motorcycle lineup while simultaneously exploring opportunities to provide additional models that combine the best of both former companies.

We at Honda-Davidson are excited about the future of our new company and are sure that our loyal Harley-Davidson and Honda customers will feel the same once they see the amazing new 2011 Honda-Davidson motorcycle lineup.

New incredibly detailed, dazzling and distinctive prototype Honda-Davidson Motorcycles will be displayed in the Honda-Davidson Ride-In Custom Bike show on Wednesday, May 1 at Grant Park on Hawthorne Avenue during the 1st annual Honda-Davidson Bike Week at Milwaukee, WI. All Harley-Davidson and Honda motorcycle owners are invited to attend and get good look at these artistic rolling sculptures.

New Honda-Davidson CEO Hiromasa Matsuko stated, “We look forward to producing motorcycles with the combination of Honda reliability and technology with the classic Harley look. There is a tremendous sense of camaraderie among the riders and motorcycle enthusiasts and we believe that the time is right for what we see was an inevitable merger in order to rescue the great American company. Today’s Harley rider is not the same stereotypical rider of the mid to late 20th century and we are confident Honda rides will accept them with open arms. .“

Honda-Davidson Motor Company, the only major U.S.-based motorcycle manufacturer, produces heavyweight motorcycles and a complete line of motorcycle parts, accessories and general merchandise.

WTF!!!

Old 04-01-2010, 02:29 AM
vtwin1340
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea, April fools.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:02 AM
electricstart
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Hope it is April fools joke

Old 04-01-2010, 06:09 AM
oldncrzy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice try

Old 04-01-2010, 06:17 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

You get a "C" for effort......

Old 04-01-2010, 06:20 AM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Well April 1... I heard they are putting air bags on the bikes..

Old 04-01-2010, 06:21 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by lizdc
Well April 1... I heard they are putting air bags on the bikes..
Mine already has one when she comes along....

Old 04-01-2010, 06:23 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a bolt on Strato-freeze air conditioner for your bike. Only slightly used.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:26 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by todd-67
Mine already has one when she comes along....
if it onyl has one then ya might wanna check to make sure its your wife on the back and not the wierd guy from next door in his silk robe jus sayin

Old 04-01-2010, 06:30 AM
goose246
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somebody at my work got me with something similar. It said we were buying the new Boeing 787 dreamliner. I took it hook line a sinker yesterday. I am still sending emails to friends saying it was a joke.

Quick Reply: Harley-Davidson Merger News Release leaked!