General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Armed

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 09:03 AM
Harleybass
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't leave home without it.

A lite weight, small pistol is all you need. Don't worry about being able to shoot the ears off a rabbit at a hundred yards. The LCP is a good choice, but most all major gun manufacturers, market CCW pistols. In fact, it is the largest segment of the handgun industry at present.
I always wear a vest, and always carry a Colt Mustang, in the inside pocket.

DON"T WANT NO ****, DON"T TAKE NO **** !

Last edited by Harleybass; 03-28-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:04 AM
scottburns8ball
Cruiser

Originally Posted by madjimmax
Is it even really needed. This just sounds like something to get in trouble over. I own plenty of guns and I have a carry permit, But I dont carry unless I'm carrying large amounts of cash to or from my place of business. Never felt the need to I was always afraid of what it could lead to if things got outa hand.
that is what people think until they are confronted with an unwanted situation. better safe than sorry.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:14 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I usually just use an 'inside the waistband' holster.

Lightweight, comfortable, and not bulky. Even works fine when wearing just a T-shirt.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:38 AM
mavrickFLHR
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Not much to add.. I'm on the side of go armed.. I've experienced enough things in life to not take anything for granted..

With that said, all I can do is repeat what's already been posted. First, research the laws for the state's you'll be riding through, every state is different so it's definitely a good idea to have some basic info before you head out. With regard to what to carry and how to carry it.. like others have said, that's a very personal question and whoever said it's always a compromise had it right. I would suggest you try several different methods before you leave to find what works for you.. strong side, cross draw, pocket holster, pocket carry whatever.. My personal preference for riding is either strong side IWB, or cross draw since that's a very comfy way to pack and the pistol doesn't bother my wife when riding two up..

I know I didn't really add much but.. good luck and have a great run

Cheers

mavrick

Old 03-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Mr Wasabi
Cruiser

Don't leave home without it.

I carry either a Kahr PM9 or Glock G33 IWB (tucked) @ about 4-5 o'clock. Pocket carry just doesn't work for me when riding even with my little Seecamp .380. Yes, stay up on the laws in the states you'll be traveling through.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:46 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jambon1
Here we go again......

OP asks.....

He is NOT asking for anyones advice on IF he should carry. He is telling you that he is going to carry and would like some friendly advice on which type of holster, vest or whatever is the most comfortable while riding. I have a IWB that I use most of the time but it is not that comfortable while riding. I think a concealment vest would be a good choice.
There come a time when an opinion is appropriate. He got it anyhow.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:50 AM
SoftailDon
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually use an IWB but when riding I carry inside my vest.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:50 AM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

My LCP is always IWB at 2 oclock. I have to check occasionally to make sure it's there. It always is. It is always accessible no matter if I riding, driving or walking.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Sanders
Advanced

Originally Posted by dleiwig
Hey Everyone,
Need some advise. I am deployed, but am planning a run to Sturgis when I get home. I have a CHL license, and need some advise on a good way to carry concealed while I ride. The states I'll be rolling through honor my Texas CHL license, so I'm legal and all...just need a safe, comfortable way to carry on the scooter. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dave
Well, WHAT you are carrying will be a big factor in how you carry it. Little pistols like the Seecamps, Keltecs, Ruger LCP's, Snub-nose revolvers, etc can be carried in ways you can't carry a full sized 1911, Glock, Beretta, etc...

Old 03-28-2010, 09:53 AM
ultrat
Road Master

Oh yea.

Quick Reply: Riding Armed