General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Armed

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 08:13 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Leave it at home.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex Rider
If you aren't fully willing and able to use a weapon in self defense and have full control of yourself at all times....You shouldn't carry at any time.
Excellent, my thoughts exactly.
.380 LCP, rear pocket holster, looks like a wallet.
Coyote

Old 03-28-2010, 08:23 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by dog155
You certainly want to make sure you know all the states carry laws you may ride through.My permit is not worth the paper it is written on in all states.
+1, I think my SC CWP is good in 17 states, but I would still verify it.

My jacket has a great CW pocket.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:32 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,411 Likes on 2,589 Posts

Originally Posted by madjimmax
Is it even really needed. This just sounds like something to get in trouble over. I own plenty of guns and I have a carry permit, But I dont carry unless I'm carrying large amounts of cash to or from my place of business. Never felt the need to I was always afraid of what it could lead to if things got outa hand.

Time was I would have said no not worth the effort but in today's changing world and society where your likely to get shot for 5 bucks or be some where some whack job decides he's gonna start shooting the place up you want to be able to defend you and yours that are with you.I would rather be safe than sorry any day, and yes you should be able to use it and have the ability to pick that moment in a split second or don't carry.G.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:40 AM
john1238
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I carry a 2" revolver in the inside zipper pocket of my vest-no vest I use a belt holster or an ankle holster.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:41 AM
dleiwig
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the posts. I've been thinking about a concealment vest (http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Cowhid.../dp/B0028QKRRA) so I don't have to spend $$$ on another pistol, like the pocket ones that were suggested. I'd like to save the $$$ for more chrome goodies!! Don't think I'll carry at the rally, just want something on me for the trip there and back. Does anyone have any experiences with one of these types of vests? Thanks again.

Dave

Old 03-28-2010, 08:43 AM
raidernut
Cruiser

Mine goes EVERYWHERE!! Always remember, better to be judged by twelve than carried by six!

Old 03-28-2010, 08:44 AM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts

I carry every time I pull out of the driveway...regardless of what I'm driving. The Ruger LCP is ideal for the biker, always carry it in a pocket holster in one of my jacket pockets.

Never felt the need to I was always afraid of what it could lead to if things got outa hand.
Huh? I'm thinking that what it could lead to is you walking home and the other guy goes home in a box.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:00 AM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 102 Likes on 38 Posts

The sad thing is all law abiding citizens should have the right to carry...The second amendment gave us that right...Wake up America those rights are disappearing fast.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Jambon1
Tourer

Here we go again......

Originally Posted by madjimmax
Is it even really needed. This just sounds like something to get in trouble over. I own plenty of guns and I have a carry permit, But I dont carry unless I'm carrying large amounts of cash to or from my place of business. Never felt the need to I was always afraid of what it could lead to if things got outa hand.
Originally Posted by bikes
Leave it at home.
OP asks.....

Originally Posted by dleiwig
I have a CHL license, and need some advise on a good way to carry concealed while I ride.
He is NOT asking for anyones advice on IF he should carry. He is telling you that he is going to carry and would like some friendly advice on which type of holster, vest or whatever is the most comfortable while riding. I have a IWB that I use most of the time but it is not that comfortable while riding. I think a concealment vest would be a good choice.

Quick Reply: Riding Armed