Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full helmet wearers... see this!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 02:26 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

no way man.

that **** would be so distracting.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:55 AM
DanD
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered a full face helmet...I never wear one at all,but I got it to keep my face warm on those 20 some degree nites riding home from work.I have a 45 min ride. i think that mirror in my face would be real distracting though.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:22 AM
stev394
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I wanted to be safe and wear a bucket I would stay in my cage. It still irks me that people are "suprised" when they ask if I wear a helmet and I say NO. WTF if I die riding then so be it. I ride for the freedom and the mental peace it brings me not to be "safe" Beside read the stats Einstein the last 4 crashes in my state were all wearing buckets and all died.....hmpfff

Old 03-28-2010, 08:00 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

A helmet with a mohawk......

Old 03-28-2010, 12:28 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by stev394
If I wanted to be safe and wear a bucket I would stay in my cage. It still irks me that people are "suprised" when they ask if I wear a helmet and I say NO. WTF if I die riding then so be it. I ride for the freedom and the mental peace it brings me not to be "safe" Beside read the stats Einstein the last 4 crashes in my state were all wearing buckets and all died.....hmpfff
You choice, as it should be.

As for Einstein...
- people die in cages too
- bikers involved in low or no speed crashes some times end up with scrambled eggs for a brain
- Not everyone who wears a helmet does it for the safety factor

Old 03-28-2010, 01:16 PM
GAZippoman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know how many forums members ride for pure enjoyment versus main means of transportation. OR how many miles a week they ride. I wear a full face helmet for two reasons...I average 750-800 miles a week riding back and forth to work in all conditions and a FF really helps. And I have to replace my faceshield about every 3-4 months because of the scratches from road debris that would have been hitting my face. And I think that rearview would be a distraction.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:37 PM
GMbagger
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wear a proper fitting full face because I like my head. You don't see half helmets in football. There's a reason.

I really believe that most of the people that say they couldn't ride with a full face lid just haven't tried on the right helmet. Each brand fits differently. I myself found that only Arai and KBC fit me. While the popular Shoei, Suomey and Shark lines of helmets don't. Every head is different, find the lid that fits.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:26 PM
1skrewsloose
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mcrider1
That's just a myth. There is no real evidence to back up that statement. You would think all the road racers would have broken necks, since they crash quite often? I'm sure you have a much better chance of not becoming a vegetable by not wearing a helmet?
Check out this guys crash about two thirds of the way through this video. I wonder why he didn't break his neck?
http://www.araiamericas.com/default.aspx?pageid=160
Thanks for the post, I guess if that didn't do it, not much else would. Interesting, full or half, not much difference in outcome of the impact, it would seem, as far as life or death. P.S., I always wear a lid.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:44 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its not a modular full face helmet and I bet it don't have a quick release buckle.
So I won't wear it.
This is what i wear.
I don't ride a race bike, I just ride a Harley .

http://www.agv.com/dyn_prod.php?p=MI...LATBLK&k=97818

Old 03-28-2010, 09:54 PM
trslim
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

that's freaky

Quick Reply: Full helmet wearers... see this!