General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley haters....

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 08:54 AM
hagger
Banned
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

My 6th grade teacher taught us that to hate something meant you wanted to kill it.
He then drew this on the board.

I don't think he cared much for his class of '68.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:55 AM
NursePhoenix
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having ridden a Honda and a Harley, I have been treated differently.
When I rode to work on my Honda, this guy on an Ultra Classic would never give me a second glance. When I rode my Deluxe, he started trying to talk to me
I rode up next to a Yamaha on my Deluxe and the guy told me "nice bike" and I told him the same (and I meant it). Then he tells me that at least his is paid for

Life is too short to worry about what other people think of me. I treat everyone the same and if they judge me before they know me, that's their problem.

Last edited by NursePhoenix; 03-27-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:00 AM
knuck36
Intermediate

harley haters have deeper issues than just hating harleys. they probably don't even like themselves.I will ride with just about anyone that loves to ride but if they are that hung up on hating something that much,they can ride alone.(or at the back of the pack).I ride with people who love the lifestyle and brotherhood regardless of brand they ride. Offer them a test drive of yours, they might change their mind,if not they're a lost cause....lol

Old 03-27-2010, 09:02 AM
FlamedFXR
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,690 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by big cahuna
I worked with a guy that would rag on my bike constantly. So just for fun every now and then I would sneak out to the parking lot and spill a little oil under his bike. Would drive him nuts. He'd be laying on his back with a flash light looking for the source, and I'd be laughing and busting his chops the whole time.,
Drop a little pile of rice under his bike and he'll understand.lol

Old 03-27-2010, 09:18 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

i can actually understand harley haters.

they just weren't beaten enough as children.

what i can't understand is whiny little harley hating bitches on harley forums.

it's like being some bleeding heart vegetarian and hanging out in a butcher shop. no one asked you to be here.

grow up and ride what you want to ride. just make sure you like your bike enough to not have to hate on mine.

if you can't do that, then resort to the always useful: eat **** and die.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:23 AM
madjimmax
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by toastman
i can actually understand harley haters.

they just weren't beaten enough as children.

what i can't understand is whiny little harley hating bitches on harley forums.

it's like being some bleeding heart vegetarian and hanging out in a butcher shop. no one asked you to be here.

grow up and ride what you want to ride. just make sure you like your bike enough to not have to hate on mine.

if you can't do that, then resort to the always useful: eat **** and die.
So true

Old 03-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Tao3535
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To each their own. I like some things about Harley and some things about other bikes, and I made my choice. I respect other people's choices too. I just don't like people who come up to me and offer their unsolicited opinions. A total stranger once said to me "I'd never buy a Harley." ..well I didn't ask for your opinion. If you want to start up a conversation about what we like or don't like then great, but if you're going to be rude just save it for someone who cares.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Dyna Mike
Intermediate

I really don't care who rides what just so long as they don't touch mine!

Old 03-27-2010, 09:41 AM
BugDr
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually find that non-riders are the biggest naysayers when it comes to Harleys. I have been in conversations where the fact that I ride motorcycles has come up and have had a number of people say, "It's not a Harley is it?" There is still that perception in some of the non-riding public that we must be a bunch of low lifes if we ride Harleys.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Cabocarl
Tourer

Originally Posted by mcrider1
That's funny! I was riding last summer with two friends. One on a '09 RK and the other on a '08 Ultra. Both of them have chrome everywhere. We stop for gas and go in the store. As we are standing at the register we can see two guys looking at our bikes. My buddies are already puffing up their chest thinking that they are eyeballing the HD's. We walk out and the guys turn and ask, "What kind of sport tourer is that, it's really nice" It was great, you could see the wind coming out of both my buddies. The guys never once acknowledged that there were even any HD's there. My buddies never said a word about it.

P.S.- I was in a power ranger suit too!
So did the guy and his boyfriend buy you a latte after that comment?
just joking.

Quick Reply: Harley haters....