General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley haters....

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 02:31 PM
ChiliPepperGarage
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by warrconn

Remember when Harley riders were in their '20s and '30s, didn't buy licensed clothing and took **** OFF their bikes instead of adding on glue-on chrome pieces from Taiwan.
My new favorite line!

Old 03-15-2012, 03:07 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Pondskipper
You obviously take all that tosh seriously, to me tis stuff of mirth.
right, have a laugh.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:07 PM
MotoSoul11
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got the pleasure of meeting the "mine is better than yours because..." harley rider today. It can't be about riding anymore like it used to be, now we have the same bikes but one is better because. This is why I ride alone. People nowadays are just a$$holes.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:40 AM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

We have a bit of jibing in the club but nothing serious, it's all just fun, it is all Harley's though, they were all amazed when I got one, they thought I would get a Triumph.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:04 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Motosoul, unfortunately you're going to get that everywhere.
I've never hated any bike. When I was just starting out, I had Yamaha Specials because they looked the closest to a Harley. I always wanted a Harley, but couldn't afford one - thank god for the japs or I probably would never have gotten into motorcycles.
When I finally was able to afford a Harley, I bought a Sportster. At the time I thought that would be the only Harley I would ever own. Then we refinanced our house so I added a few thousand into it and bought a FXR. Even back then the other Harley riders called Sportsters as "a girls bike". Then when I bought an Ultra it was called a Winnibago or old geezers bike. Last year I bought a Tri Glide, now they're really calling me an old geezer.
The funny thing is I don't give a damn what they say - I'M STILL RIDING IN THE WIND at 68 and will for at least another 10 years - hopefully.
As Pondskipper said most is just kidding, but there are those that really mean what they say. They are the ones that we should give pity on since they are sooooo narrow minded.
They should hold their hate for the cage drivers that turn in front of them or cut them off instead.
Ride what makes you happy - who cares what others think.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:47 AM
bjsfla
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
Motosoul, unfortunately you're going to get that everywhere.
I've never hated any bike. When I was just starting out, I had Yamaha Specials because they looked the closest to a Harley. I always wanted a Harley, but couldn't afford one - thank god for the japs or I probably would never have gotten into motorcycles.
When I finally was able to afford a Harley, I bought a Sportster. At the time I thought that would be the only Harley I would ever own. Then we refinanced our house so I added a few thousand into it and bought a FXR. Even back then the other Harley riders called Sportsters as "a girls bike". Then when I bought an Ultra it was called a Winnibago or old geezers bike. Last year I bought a Tri Glide, now they're really calling me an old geezer.
The funny thing is I don't give a damn what they say - I'M STILL RIDING IN THE WIND at 68 and will for at least another 10 years - hopefully.
As Pondskipper said most is just kidding, but there are those that really mean what they say. They are the ones that we should give pity on since they are sooooo narrow minded.
They should hold their hate for the cage drivers that turn in front of them or cut them off instead.
Ride what makes you happy - who cares what others think.
Could Not Have Said It Better

Old 03-16-2012, 09:07 AM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I couldn't care less who likes or dislikes the brand of motorcycle I own. Honestly I don't even acknowledge the existence of many other bikes. Not that I don't like them, I just don't seem to "see" them. My eyes aren't drawn to them. At all. I don't notice them.

As for waiving, I don't do it. Not because I have a problem with anyone, I'm just not Mr. Happy Joy Boy who goes through life smiling and waiving at everyone. I have other $hit on my mind.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:17 AM
HD1044
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree who cares what others think!

One of the other guys in my office that rides a Harley will not even speak about bikes to the non-Harley riders. If you have anything but a Harley he won't ride with you or even acknowledge that you have a bike. Oh, if you ride a sportster...oh those are just cheap entry level bikes and shouldn't even consider buying one of those.

I've had different makes over the years and love all bikes. Am really an enthusiast. Heck on the way in this morning a crotch rock exited while I was sitting at a stop light and I thought I bet that is fun to ride.

Who cares...just ride!!