General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley haters....

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 04:20 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I've had 3 different motorcycles since this thread started

Old 03-08-2012, 04:26 PM
RGarcia
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hope I'm not a pirate........

I love to ride my bike too and usually do it alone because I don't know that many people who ride and if I did, I'd go with them. I have a leather jacket and vest because they provide comfort and protection and really don't care what anyone thinks of what I ride or wear.
I'm here for the fun. I don't know what makes someone a "pirate" or a "poser" or whatever else you want to call me but until now, I couldn't afford a Harley and now that I have one, I'm riding it for all it's worth.
Maybe I don't know all the etiquette but I WILL stop if you need help and see if you're OK, wave if I pass you (no matter what you ride) but at the end of the day, I'm in this for me...........not you.
If there are too many "rules" or hassels, I'll sell the bike and get into something else. Simple as that........

Old 03-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Slickster63
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice thread, I think we have more fruit baskets to hand out!

Old 03-08-2012, 04:45 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RoaringRigid
Ignore them. I don't care what they think about HD. Actually, I don't truly care what anyone thinks about HD. I just don't.
i think your bike is silly, so there.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Captain Smooth
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have never seen so many people that give a damn what others think.....lol What is this HDforums highschool? I read a lot of threads in here where people need to get over them selfs. Do what you want, if others don't like it who gives a crap, if they bother you that much then man up and punch them in the face. If thats not your style, turn around shrug it off and walk away and continue on like it doesn't matter. Because at the end of the day you are still who you want to be. No matter what those big bad meanies say to you...

Old 03-08-2012, 05:00 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,868 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by toastman
i think your bike is silly, so there.

now you went and hurt my feelings. This is why I pretend to not care but ultimately I do and now I am sad.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:04 PM
RGarcia
Cruiser

Hurt my feeling too but the other one's still OK.........

Old 03-08-2012, 07:57 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,670 Likes on 2,540 Posts

The only reason people hate Harleys is for the EXACT same reason that I used to hate 'em. (Yes, believe it or not, there was a time when I hated them,around the early 70s) It's because they're jealous 'cause they can't afford one. And they're jealous 'cause they know a Harley is the ONLY bike--HELL, the only VEHICLE--that has its own lifestyle. So, to justify their rice, they pretend to hate 'em. I did! I think we ALL did.

But it was a joyous day in the spring of '78, when I brought home my first Harley, a '41 UL, with a tank shift,peanut tank,fishtails, and a blood-red cobra seat. I sure didn't hate 'em anymore, 'cause I wheeled & dealed & finally was gonna pilot the Big Iron. Gonna ride the REAL DEAL! Man, I was the cat's pajamas! The neighborhood cheese! And NO WAY could I go back to rice after THAT! And I been forkin' Davidsons ever since. I learned the error of my ways.

Of course, I still ain't too crazy about the MoCO!

Last edited by dickey; 03-08-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:34 AM
BBBSS
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DanD
I think it's kind of a Freudian thing...the peopel who profess the most hate for a harley,are mostly trying to convince themselves,deep inside they really really want a harley,but think they can't afford one,etc.
I agree with this. I have two buddies one wanted a Harley for the last year, and the other was a crotch rocket nut job for the last few years that loathed Harleys. Well the crotch rocket buddy started to grow up and while last year he laughed at cruisers now he is shopping for a Victory. He got my other buddy going on Victory when he mentioned the V is about a 1/3 less money. Then the excuses and BS started to fly, its faster, more modern, more reliable yadda yadda yadda. I think neither one of them want to drop the coin on the real thing so they went with the jap style metric cruiser built in America instead. lol

Harleys are definitely for the more mature crowd than the young crazy crowds for the most part. They set their hair on fire and ride crotch rockets then settle down, start making more money and suddenly they own a Harley. lol

Old 03-09-2012, 06:30 AM
ghira75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dickey
The only reason people hate Harleys is for the EXACT same reason that I used to hate 'em. (Yes, believe it or not, there was a time when I hated them,around the early 70s) It's because they're jealous 'cause they can't afford one. And they're jealous 'cause they know a Harley is the ONLY bike--HELL, the only VEHICLE--that has its own lifestyle. So, to justify their rice, they pretend to hate 'em. I did! I think we ALL did.
You are spot on. In fact I hate Road Kings, I can't stand them, I'm horrified when I see one, they are not agile and got plenty of other problems. I just can't wait to save another 20k to buy one RKC!

Quick Reply: Harley haters....