General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley haters....

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 11:27 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,670 Likes on 2,540 Posts

I will only ride a Davidson. Own 2 (Fatty & Roadking) and if people riding those plastic clowncycles don't like it, I could give a rodent's rectum. Most people who hate Harleys do so because they're jealous that they can't afford one, so they justify their poverty by hating the best. I think they look silly on their metric cruisers (What is it with those rear fenders, anyway? stupidest looking things I ever saw) So what if they wanna ride a bike that looks like a damn cross-training sneaker, with their clowny color matched splash graphic racing outfit & helmet? Just more cool for us. And as far as loud pipes, A Harley is the only bike that sounds good loud. Went to a local bike night tonight--2 guys on Rice-a-Roni cruisers revving their engines at the light. Sounded like crap. looked like crap with those ridiculous rear fenders sticking out like a Roman helmet. No matter how they try, they can't get the "look" or sound down pat (the Roadstar comes close, but no cigar) Even the MANUFACTURERS ARE SO ASHAMED of their bikes, that they festoon the tanks with the MODEL designation , but the BRAND NAME is hidden in little tiny letters somewhere on the motor. If it ain't a Harley--it's pitiful at best.

Last edited by dickey; 09-15-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:57 PM
BikerV
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
I will only ride a Davidson. Own 2 (Fatty & Roadking) and if people riding those plastic clowncycles don't like it, I could give a rodent's rectum. Most people who hate Harleys do so because they're jealous that they can't afford one, so they justify their poverty by hating the best. I think they look silly on their metric cruisers (What is it with those rear fenders, anyway? stupidest looking things I ever saw) So what if they wanna ride a bike that looks like a damn cross-training sneaker, with their clowny color matched splash graphic racing outfit & helmet? Just more cool for us. And as far as loud pipes, A Harley is the only bike that sounds good loud. Went to a local bike night tonight--2 guys on Rice-a-Roni cruisers revving their engines at the light. Sounded like crap. looked like crap with those ridiculous rear fenders sticking out like a Roman helmet. No matter how they try, they can't get the "look" or sound down pat (the Roadstar comes close, but no cigar) Even the MANUFACTURERS ARE SO ASHAMED of their bikes, that they festoon the tanks with the MODEL designation , but the BRAND NAME is hidden in little tiny letters somewhere on the motor. If it ain't a Harley--it's pitiful at best.
Thanks for giving me a good laugh tonight!! +1 on the post. When you put aftermarket pipes on one of those metric things it sounds like a Hyundai with a blown out muffler. The first time I saw "Star" motorcycles I thought it was a new brand of bike. You don't have to be embarrased having HD cast into the engine of your bike.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:27 PM
skulnbones
Cruiser

I've encountered all types of "not my type of rider" on every type of bike. Like another person said, you have sport bike riders with plastic mohawks and dragging their feet around turns, cruiser riders who dress like the Village People, the rider who is constantly reving their engine at every light (my brother), etc. In my humble experience, I've found the riders who just love to ride are the ones that represent the best of motorcycling. They are the ones who are out there enjoying their own slice of heaven and arent dressing for a halloween party. There does seem to be more Harley haters than any other group of haters. Then again, ignorance is much more plentiful than intelligence.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Hocus-Pocus
Road Master
Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
if you look around at a lot of people who ride harley's there's a lot to hate. combine the ridiculously loud pipes, pirate gear, and all around attitude (of some not all by any means) harley riders and you can see why some dislike the entire harley culture.

that's not to say that sport bikers don't have their own annoyances, 100 MPH wheelies and plastic mohawks on their helmets to name a couple.

all in all most people are decent and just want to ride, but you're right there is a subset of people who just enjoy the conflict and us vs. them nonsense.
Your a fu(kin idiot!

Old 09-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Floridasoftailman
Cruiser

Harley has been able to sustain a piece of Americana year after year. The other manufacturers make decent products in most cases, but they have no tradition, and do absolutely nothing for me. And I don't give a **** what arguments they may have.....they are just wrong. I'm right, they are wrong, end of story.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Hocus-Pocus
Road Master

Originally Posted by Certainteed
i never hated harleys. i hated the douchebags riding them. it takes a special kind of douche to be a pirate.

i loved the bikes all my life until i got the buell. and now i hate harley. i'll never buy another harley again. if you want one thats your business and we can be friends as long as you aren't a douchebag.

I never hated dumb A$$es, I hated the bikes they thought were Harleys ( buell ) We can be friends as long as your not a fu(kin dumba$$

Old 09-16-2010, 09:56 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

when i was riding a metric V-twin in the denver metro i was surprised how many of the HD riders went out of their way to act like dicks.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:19 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Just an observation,,,,there appears to be several "dicks" and "douche bags" hanging in this thread. I'm not even sure why we have this thread. This is a Harley forum. If you don't like Harley's or the people that ride them then go start your own forum and don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out. I won't tolerate the type of posts appearing in this thread. If you aren't smart enough to figure out if you are one of the people I'm talking about then you probably won't be able to log on to HDF by tomorrow!

Terry
HDF Admin

Old 09-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Hocus-Pocus
Road Master

Originally Posted by big cahuna
I worked with a guy that would rag on my bike constantly. So just for fun every now and then I would sneak out to the parking lot and spill a little oil under his bike. Would drive him nuts. He'd be laying on his back with a flash light looking for the source, and I'd be laughing and busting his chops the whole time.,
That's TOOO damn funny!

Old 09-19-2010, 05:56 PM
09-Street Glide
Intermediate
Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts
Default reformed harley hater

Before i got into bikes I hated harleys with a passion. WHY? because of the loud pipes and the contant revving of their motors and to a lesser degree the harley mentality made them complete morons (some, not all). When my friends all got into bikes i followed suit, my buddy had bought a '08 heritage softtail which i loved the look of, but knowing myself i thought i dont want to get into debt and buy a harley only to lose interest and have a 23k bike rotting in my garage i looked at the yamaha vtar 1100 silverado which was a knock off of the heritage and only 8k for brand new!..I rode that bike for a year and loved it but i'd have to say the harley owners i encountered that were dicks worked out to be 25/75..25 being azzhats. They sneer at you when you wave, look down at your bike when your backing into the bar where they all hang out, one bar they wont even allow you to park near the harleys! but anyways i love the looks of harleys and the rumble/sound they have (well the ones without the baffles removed anyways) and have now bought one, a 2009 street glide - red hot sunglo. I love the bike!
i don't look down on others bikes, like what you ride and enjoy. I would still have my yamaha if my buddy hadn't gave me a screaming deal on the street glide so he could buy his 2011 cvo streetglide. But as i tell my buddies the ones with the jap bikes its a harley world out there and doing a google on harley gives thousands of hits while google on yamaha gives you dealer locations and 1 or 2 forums which sucks.....

Quick Reply: Harley haters....