General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley haters....

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 03:29 AM
XLCR4GM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Certainteed, do you just hate Harley because they stopped making the Amazing Buell 1125R and 1125CR or is it because of the way they treated Eric after 26 years of following his dream of building a american made sport bike? I am not happy with their decision either but, for me, hate is too strong a word to use.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:17 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

You mean there are some people who don't like me?

Old 03-27-2010, 06:21 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I notice as usual we got the members who can't help but remind us that there is a dress code for riding Harley's. Plus the pipes police who think my pipes should reflect their taste in decibels. Some crap never changes.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:29 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 503 Likes on 261 Posts

Read this forum enough, and you'll find folks who hate NON-Harleys.....
Who cares??? it's THEIR opinion, and they are welcome to it.

Ride what you want, associate with whom you want, and don't worry about what some one else is doing or thinking, or wearing

Old 03-27-2010, 06:47 AM
sunrise rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really don't understand hating a particular brand of anything. At work there are 6 of us that ride 3 Harley's, 1 Indian, 1 Honda and 1 Suzuki and none of us bad mouth the others ride. We all take pride in what we ride and each make each our own with the way we accessorize our bikes. We all enjoy the ride and that's what's important. Just my .02

Old 03-27-2010, 07:00 AM
CB5150
Road Master

Received 134 Likes on 64 Posts

Old 03-27-2010, 07:11 AM
Kumite
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my Harley after having it for about 9 months and 10k miles.

I dont like the pseudo macho attitudes of some riders, I hate the Harley clothing (especially if it is matching), I dislike much of the "old School" bs that was displayed in part when I was told that if I personally cant fix everything on my harley then I did not deserve to ride one. but...... these are all people issues and not bike issues.

Surely no one truely hates these works of art.

But to each his own.

R. Todd

Old 03-27-2010, 07:14 AM
SHTFIT
Road Captain

Originally Posted by sunrise rider
I really don't understand hating a particular brand of anything. At work there are 6 of us that ride 3 Harley's, 1 Indian, 1 Honda and 1 Suzuki and none of us bad mouth the others ride. We all take pride in what we ride and each make each our own with the way we accessorize our bikes. We all enjoy the ride and that's what's important. Just my .02
As it should be. You ride Motorcycles. Why close your mind? I love Harley's but there are so many great bikes out there I'd love to have in my garage one day including a Moto Guzzi California or Griso, Ducati GT 1000, a couple of Triumphs... All of the ones I'm referencing have many of the same qualities I love in H-D's: air cooled, classic designs and a long history. And that's just a small non-sportbike portion of the bikes out there.

Hell, I would really dig a Royal Enfield for havin' a blast just puttin' around town and pulling 80mpg IN STYLE!

Old 03-27-2010, 07:18 AM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master
Question

Originally Posted by Certainteed
i never hated harleys. i hated the douchebags riding them. it takes a special kind of douche to be a pirate.

i loved the bikes all my life until i got the buell. and now i hate harley. i'll never buy another harley again. if you want one thats your business and we can be friends as long as you aren't a douchebag.
First of all, dude......I don't think I'd talk douchebag without look'n at that stupid-azz avatar o' yers....are ya a moron? or jus' enjoy act'n like one? I think from that pic, we can all guess what ya really ride....an it ain' no bike!
If you hate Harley's, then WTF are ya do'n on this forum?? much less have over 1000 post's? ring-ding forums won' let ya play there?? Maybe if ya switch yer brand o' bubble bath......ya might feel better

Old 03-27-2010, 07:23 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are lots of people that look for opportunities to complain about something, regardless what it is. Every motorcycle brand culture will generally display it's own unique personality or persona. Some identify that as having an attitude. I identify it as some peoples way to express their discontent with life or the fact that they're mad at the world and looking for someone or something take it out on. It's a form of rebellion. It's a useless endeavor, trying to figure out why people act the way they do. To criticize or say that you know more than someone else, or at least leave that impression, either make you look like an expert or a fool in the presents of others.

Quick Reply: Harley haters....