General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike crashes and death threads.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 04:15 PM
freddyttt
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Bike crashes and death threads.

why do people start threads involving bike crashes/death. Im a newb and i guess i just dont understand the reason for such threads.

not saying its right or wrong i just dont understand the reason.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:19 PM
DocJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think of it this way:

When you buy a motorcycle, any motorcycle (be it a Harley, Honda, Yamaha, etc), you are at that moment a member of the two-wheeled family.

Regardless, we all care about each other and keep tabs on news and events that happen within the family. Much like you would like to know major events that may occur with your cousins, so we take interest in our extended family of motorcyclists.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:27 PM
lofu
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well said. I also see it as a constant reminder to always stay alert, make smart decisions when riding, and always watch out for your brothers and sisters when riding.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:33 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I would say if you are a new I would sit back a read a bit more and you will find the anwer yourself.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:40 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

And be prepared for a few replies from those that get really upset when people post such threads. They always seem to click on the link, when they know what it's about, just to voice their displeasure about it.

Don't like it, don't click on it. Simple solution.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:41 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

It's good to talk to someone who's been through it sometimes. It helps you to deal with what you are going through and understand how and why it happened. It gives you the opportunity to learn from your and other people's mistakes.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:48 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
It's good to talk to someone who's been through it sometimes. It helps you to deal with what you are going through and understand how and why it happened. It gives you the opportunity to learn from your and other people's mistakes.

+1 And it can actually be kind of inspirational too. You get to see their determination not to let injury get to them, and to battle all kinds of odds just to get back on a bike. I've read many a sad story just to read later that they overcame whatever issue they had and got back out there.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,269 Likes on 1,582 Posts

Maybe, just maybe, something in a story will keep somebody else from being another post on a website.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:56 PM
DocJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
+1 And it can actually be kind of inspirational too. You get to see their determination not to let injury get to them, and to battle all kinds of odds just to get back on a bike. I've read many a sad story just to read later that they overcame whatever issue they had and got back out there.
That is always very inspiring. However, I will say that each time I hear a story, or read something new, it makes me aware of how much I take for granted. After reading the most recent story, I am once again checking my mirrors and making sure people see and hear me when I'm present. I have almost been rear-ended before, but I don't always check like I should.

Unfortunately, it is also stories like these that keep people from riding. I have three friends right now that would love to ride. The number one reason the don't is that their girlfriends don't want them turning into road pizza. It is a legitimate concern, but if you are going to be that fearful, people die everyday in car wrecks, or in any other numerous accidental death. Perhaps this is one reason I am not married, or have a girlfriend myself. If a girl (or guy, for those girls out there) is going to have so much control over you as to keep you from pursuing your passions and doing something you enjoy, don't date them! It's not worth it. I've seen many relationships fail because of such pint-up issues.

Anyway...I think I'm taking this off course...sorry.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:04 PM
DPete
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 1,735 Likes on 1,302 Posts

The dangers are out there so heads up. That's what I get from those threads,

Quick Reply: Bike crashes and death threads.