General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike crashes and death threads.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 07:22 AM
OU812
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by exemexer
That's kind of my take on it too. Stories or threads like these just might help keep people on their toes a little bit more, at least that what I get out of it. Complacency is dangerous, we all know what can happen when our guard is down.
+1 Very well put

Old 03-27-2010, 09:33 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
That's fine and dandy. Now all ya gotta do is take all the death **** out of the title, and we can all live happily ever after.

Death threads do NOTHING to make us better riders.
Death threads only serve to depress the readers.

It's different if there is a forum member involved, or some big news huge event. But the routine death announcements need to find another home.

This ain't a sadist board.
Might be some sicko's that are members, but it ain't a sicko board.

Need to lose the blood and guts.
This ain't the obituaries.
Could you possibly even BE any more cold and apethtic??? Good grief, have a heart!

Coming together to show condolences is not a bad thing. It would be different if people revelled in the 'blood and guts' .. But they don't .. AT LEAST HERE they don't! They mostly stop, reflect and show nothing but empathy for fallen victims. Get a grip!

Last edited by bikergirl40; 03-27-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bikergirl40
Could you possibly even BE any more cold and apethtic??? Good grief, have a heart!

Coming together to show condolences is not a bad thing. It would be different if people revelled in the 'blood and guts' .. But they don't .. AT LEAST HERE they don't! They mostly stop, reflect and show nothing but empathy for fallen victims. Get a grip!
Perhaps we should start listing every car crash we ever see in our local tabloids. We can be less "apathetic" that way.

If I wanna see obituaries, I can look for that section in my local newspaper. (Or any town online paper).

Funny how newspapers don't mix death notices in with all the other news articles. They put the deaths in a separate section way in the back, for those that WANT to see them.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:52 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member

Perhaps we should start listing every car crash we ever see in our local tabloids. We can be less "apathetic" that way.

If I wanna see obituaries, I can look for that section in my local newspaper. (Or any town online paper).

Funny how newspapers don't mix death notices in with all the other news articles. They put the deaths in a separate section way in the back, for those that WANT to see them.
I think you've kind of lost the connection with this community...That's of course ... IF you ever had it.

Of course you can look at or read what ever it is you like .. You are the master of your own domain .. NOT this forum! If you don't care for the threads in question ... Exercise your ability to click on OTHER threads!

Some people find comfort in reaching out ... Especially, those who have lost someone close to them. Some people like to talk about current events .. especially when it involves a common interest. It's a public forum.

No need to feel compelled to look at threads you don't like.

Last edited by bikergirl40; 03-27-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:03 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by bikergirl40
I think you've kind of lost the connection with this community...That's of course ... IF you ever had it.

Of course you can look at or read what ever it is you like .. You are the master of your own domain .. NOT this forum! If you don't care for the threads in question ... Exercise your ability to click on OTHER threads!

Some people find comfort in reaching out ... Especially, those who have lost someone close to them. Some people like to talk about current events .. especially when it involves a common interest. It's a public forum.

No need to feel compelled to look at threads you don't like.
This one happens to be discussing our opinions on these type of threads.
(see the title)
I was stating my opinion.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:11 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member

This one happens to be discussing our opinions on these type of threads.
(see the title)
I was stating my opinion.
Granted .... And I responded, with my opinion about your opinion. Voicing your opinion can be so very similar to 'complaining'. Having said that, we just have a different perspective on the subject. It's been a healthy debate. I don't mean any disrespect.

Last edited by bikergirl40; 03-27-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:15 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Watching the news these last few days there is report after report, I suspect on the front of the papers also, although I do not get a Phoenix paper out here in the sticks.

I agree with bikergirl40 and others, it gives me a connection and reminder.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by IndyClassic
Watching the news these last few days there is report after report, I suspect on the front of the papers also, although I do not get a Phoenix paper out here in the sticks.

I agree with bikergirl40 and others, it gives me a connection and reminder.
You need a "connection and reminder" every day?

I kind of prefer to 'shoot the chit' about bikes and mods, riding, and all the other wonderful stuff related to this wonderful hobby.

I am not interested in being constantly reminded of the darker side. It takes away from the pleasure.

Voicing your opinion can be so very similar to 'complaining'.
That works both ways. Just becuase someones opinion differs from yours, doesn't make it invalid.

Now where did I put that obituary section,......? He he!
(Need to catch some oil drips in the garage).

Old 03-27-2010, 11:13 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

You need a "connection and reminder" every day?

I kind of prefer to 'shoot the chit' about bikes and mods, riding, and all the other wonderful stuff related to this wonderful hobby.

I am not interested in being constantly reminded of the darker side. It takes away from the pleasure.

That works both ways. Just becuase someones opinion differs from yours, doesn't make it invalid.

(Need to catch some oil drips in the garage).
Never said "every day".....but regardless your opinions are yours and therefore valid, not trying to change your mind, just putting out my $0.02. Maybe I spend so much time at work reminding others of what can happen if they work unsafe, pointing out the possibilities of letting their guard down it carries over? Who knows.

Now it is time to shake the cobwebs loose, drain away all that coffee and get out for awhile.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:20 PM
mudbeast2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted my crash with the hope of thanking my brothers who helped me get my wife out from under the truck. Crashes suck and until you had one you wont understand. It is much different than a car wreck. I hope that it is a feeling you never have to experiance.

Quick Reply: Bike crashes and death threads.