General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike crashes and death threads.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Harleybass
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sorry for all the ill feelings. I don't think the original intent of this thread was to dwell on or show disgusting crash photos. I think everyone needs to share info and experiences. I would be the first to raise hell if there were blood and guts pictures posted here.
There seem to be quite a few newer riders on this forum( of course when your my age almost everyone is a newer rider).
There were a lot of good points that came out in this thread, watching your mirrors, being aware of whats going on around you, keeping your bike in gear while stopped, and having a planned escape route at all times.
I know this is old hat to the more experienced riders, but to some of our newer and younger riders, I'd be willing to bet, that it gave a few of them, a little food for thought. It should have made us all, stop and reflect how quickly incidents like this happen. I can tell you from personal experience, that nothing will shake you up any faster than to have a friend " buy it " right in front of you !!!! That image never leaves !
So, if we want newer blood in the Harley Family, we are going to have to help them learn how to stay out of trouble.
Forums are made up of nothing but opinions, if your opinion is ****** or sharp pointed then expect ****** or pointed opinions in return.
If a topic or a title of a thread is something that you would rather not see or participate in, then it might be best, not to go there.
I know there are people who derive great pleasure in starting "fecal" storms. We all know who they are, we can tell by reading their post. They contribute nothing positive. Please don't give these people the satisfaction of answering their post, or commenting on them. I promise if they can't start a fight, they'll leave the forum, get of their computers and go fight with their ol lady!!!

Old 03-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You know, it just occurred to me ... I don't think we are or have been talking about the same thing throughout this whole thread. You seem to be stuck on the graphic photos and/or even perhaps videos of accident scenes. THAT, like I have mentioned before, is not for me either. Nor do I support thoses kinds of posts .. I mean those that post pictures just for the sake of posting graphic pictures. I don't need to see that, and frankly, I find it disrespectful to the loved ones of those victims. If it were MY son or daughter ... and photos were being coldly circulated on the internet I would be mortified!

What I have been referring to is people who post a memorium to a fallen family member or friend. Even, those posts which relate to something that has happened in the news that has caught someone's attention (IE: the accident that happened with the group of bikers last week). I never saw any photos ... Just posts of concern for those who were injured, killed and their families.
From post #12 of this thread.

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Huge stories like our recent Arizona tragedy, as well as stories about a loved one are definitely worth posting.
But it's hard to look at constant reminders of ugliness that aren't even "out of the ordinary" or related to someone on the board.

Cars crash all the time, we are not posting about those, so why do we need all the "reminders" of bad things?

I've said this before on other death threads. I had a non riding coworker that thought since I ride that I must be interested in every single bike crash that he happened to read about.
I don't want to hear that chit all the time. Why would I? Just because I ride?????

As far as making me a better rider,..... I just don't see how.
The close calls while riding, and other observations while riding do plenty to alert me what to watch out for. Hearing about some stranger that got nailed by someone passing another car does nothing to teach me or alert me to anything.

All this stuff does is bum me out and take away from my experience.

I hear "you don't have to open the thread",.... but I already had seen the title so the damage is done.

It's a dangerous game we play. Don't make it an ugly game.
Yet I am chastized for this (because I am a minority).

Old 03-28-2010, 01:59 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

From post #12 of this thread.
Yet I am chastized for this (because I am a minority).
You are not chastized for this comment:
Huge stories like our recent Arizona tragedy, as well as stories about a loved one are definitely worth posting.
But it's hard to look at constant reminders of ugliness that aren't even "out of the ordinary" or related to someone on the board.
It's THIS attitude that has caused you so much attention:

I agree that one "never knows it all" about riding and that every car should be treated as if it is going to come into your lane without notice.
But I do not see how constantly reading about death will change any of that. I just don't see it.
Is this what goes through the minds of the "gapers" that slow traffic near an accident because thay have to "see" it? Learning safety?
This thread is proof, that it is a sick individual that loves to read about death everyday. Life is about fun, not about recreating death everyday.
"Oh, but it will make me safer" (What a crock).
"Oh but I love sick ****" (now there's the answer).
Need to lose the blood and guts.
This ain't the obituaries
The constant message board death threads seem more for those that are into the gory morbid crap. Some folks just enjoy the gawdawful creepy talk. To tie it to "safety" sounds more like some sort of excuse to discuss creepy stuff. You are lying to yourselves if you think it will actually help in some way, cuz it won't. When it's your time, it's your time.

Surely there is an obituary board somewhere that will fit your needs.
This is the internet. They have sites geared towards the sickest minds.
Go find one. Leave us here to talk about bikes and riding and the other good stuff related to that.
Just for example.

Last edited by bikergirl40; 03-28-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

You are going in circles girl, I am getting dizzy and can't even keep up with what you are saying anymore. Your last post "chopped up" my statements to the point one could never understand what I was really saying.

Nice job of twisting my words to say "what you wanted to hear".

Lesson learned: Never argue with a woman!!!!!!

Old 03-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

That last "dizzy" post only serves to reinforce what I said earlier about the "type" of people that "hang around" all the death threads.

Pathetic.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:22 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member

You are going in circles girl, I am getting dizzy and can't even keep up with what you are saying anymore. Your last post "chopped up" my statements to the point one could never understand what I was really saying.

Nice job of twisting my words to say "what you wanted to hear".

Lesson learned: Never argue with a woman!!!!!!
Sorry, you're right .. I posted in error .. before I was finished. I didn't mean it to be so confusing. Read it again ... It may make more sense now.

And if you're referring to me .. as someone who "hangs around death threads' ... Once again .. You couldn't be more wrong. I don't "Hang around" any kind of thread more than another. If you had taken the time to research that, before you 'spoke' you'd see I have offered condolences to family and friends. If you consider THAT as "hanging around death threads' ... Well, then ... You've further proven yourself to be the true idiot we have come to know.

Last edited by bikergirl40; 03-28-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by bikergirl40
Sorry, you're right .. I posted in error .. before I was finished. I didn't mean it to be so confusing. Read it again ... It may make more sense now.

And if you're referring to me .. as someone who "hangs around death threads' ... Once again .. You couldn't be more wrong. I don't "Hang around" any time of thread more than another. If you had taken the time to research that, before you 'spoke' you'd see I have offered condolences to family and friends. If you consider THAT as "hanging around death threads' ... Well, then ... You've further proven yourself to be the true idiot we have come to know.
Read it again? Why? To see how you "edited my words? yet again??????

Grow up little girl. You put way too much time and effort into winning this arguement. Take it. Take the win! (And shut the *** up). Puleeeeeeze!

Old 03-28-2010, 02:29 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member

Read it again? Why? To see how you "edited my words? yet again??????

Grow up little girl. You put way too much time and effort into winning this arguement. Take it. Take the win! (And shut the *** up). Puleeeeeeze!
I didn't edit anything ... Those are direct quotes you moron!

Old 03-28-2010, 02:42 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

As I had said earlier about this forum. Either you say what the majority wants to hear, or you get slammed and bashed (censorship of some sort).
The guy that slammed you does it on any thread where he don't approve of your answer. He was following me around the board for a while with that ****. He is one of the few on my ignore list now. Last night he suckered another poster into quoting his nonsense, just so's I could see it. He he! (Kind of flattering in a way).
Yeah, yeah, yeah, Ed. For the record, I never followed you around. I read and respond to all threads I feel a desire to respond to. But, I do love to rattle cages, and your's is easy to rattle.
To the other guy; Really, did I do anything other than you did? Such as state my opinion?

Old 03-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by bikergirl40
I didn't edit anything ... Those are direct quotes you moron!
We all know, that when you take little bits and pieces from a paragragh, the meaning of the paragragh changes. This is not a stupid crowd that you are posing in front of.

Many of those words were in response to attacks from you or scofield.
Had you posted the entire posts, (rather than slicing only the words that suited your objective), things would have looked more realistic. Posting the preceeding posts would have added more reality. But to cut lil slices out, well that is just Troll games.

Having did what you did, sliced only the words that suited your objective, only served to prove your intentions. (THAT, and totally ruined any positive impact of the thread - by distracting from the actual subject).

A very slick trick, so often used by the Trolls that infest our internet.
An old trick, and a very well known trick. Bugger up the thread to hide what was really goin' on. He he!

Congrats! You have pulled it off! Now that I know how you are, I will take your posts in stride and give them the lack of credibility that they deserve! You have been exposed for what you are.

Quick Reply: Bike crashes and death threads.