General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike crashes and death threads.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 10:24 AM
trslim
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
Good question. Here is my answer: Stay a newb. By that I mean stay a "student" of riding. Don't ever close your mind to learning something new. Once you get where you think you "know it all" you put yourself at very great risk.
well said

Old 03-28-2010, 10:29 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleybass
This is a good thread !
No one likes to dwell on injury or death, but "not" talking about it, won't make it go away.
If ONE person reads this thread and realizes or learns something they should or shouldn't be doing, as far as riding safety goes, then it was worth it a thousand times over !
That is kind of the attitude of the majority here. It's meant to offer an innocent reminder as well as an opportunity to reflect and offer condolences ... nothing sinister at all.

There are some on the forum, however, who think it's merely a morbid fascination with death and dismemberment ... Nothing could be further from the truth.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bikergirl40
That is kind of the attitude of the majority here. It's meant to offer an innocent reminder as well as an opportunity to reflect and offer condolences ... nothing sinister at all.

There are some on the forum, however, who think it's merely a morbid fascination with death and dismemberment ... Nothing could be further from the truth.
Thanks for summerizing the thread for us.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:42 AM
fester1
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While there is something to be learned or be reminded of with every tragedy, I particularly do not care to view or read about crashes in a General Motorcycle Chat thread. That is not what I am here for. I for one would appreciated the Title of such threads to clearly state its contents, ESPECIALLY if crash photos are included.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:15 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fester1
While there is something to be learned or be reminded of with every tragedy, I particularly do not care to view or read about crashes in a General Motorcycle Chat thread. That is not what I am here for. I for one would appreciated the Title of such threads to clearly state its contents, ESPECIALLY if crash photos are included.
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences
I believe, according to the forum description, that they belong here. What, you expect a disclaimer for threads you may object to? Use your 'back' button and move on. Honestly, there are many threads that I do not care to read, so I don't. Some of which are accident threads. But, like many other subject matters, I prefer to have the freedom to choose for myself whether I read threads or not.

Last edited by scoteh; 03-28-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by leicafish
I would say if you are a new I would sit back a read a bit more and you will find the anwer yourself.
Once again...very well said

Old 03-28-2010, 12:10 PM
fester1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by scoteh
I believe, according to the forum description, that they belong here. What, you expect a disclaimer for threads you may object to? Use your 'back' button and move on. Honestly, there are many threads that I do not care to read, so I don't. Some of which are accident threads. But, like many other subject matters, I prefer to have the freedom to choose for myself whether I read threads or not.
Read more carefully before you get your panties in a knot Scoteh. I did NOT say they do not belong. I said "I do not care to view"... And I did not say I expect a disclaimer. I said I would appreciate a clear description in the title. Why? Because I have opened threads on crashes or accidents and have been immediately greeted with a graphic pic of a decapitated rider. I don't need to see that **** without warning. Use YOUR back button if you don't like what you read. I am simply posting my personal view here on topic.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:14 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Toyota crash threads are fun though

Old 03-28-2010, 12:23 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Read more carefully before you get your panties in a knot Scoteh. I did NOT say they do not belong. I said "I do not care to view"... And I did not say I expect a disclaimer. I said I would appreciate a clear description in the title. Why? Because I have opened threads on crashes or accidents and have been immediately greeted with a graphic pic of a decapitated rider. I don't need to see that **** without warning. Use YOUR back button if you don't like what you read. I am simply posting my personal view here on topic.
So was I, pal, so was I. Pfffffttttt!

Old 03-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As I had said earlier about this forum. Either you say what the majority wants to hear, or you get slammed and bashed (censorship of some sort).
The guy that slammed you does it on any thread where he don't approve of your answer. He was following me around the board for a while with that ****. He is one of the few on my ignore list now. Last night he suckered another poster into quoting his nonsense, just so's I could see it. He he! (Kind of flattering in a way).

Quick Reply: Bike crashes and death threads.