General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made in China????!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 07:47 PM
bear68
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Made in China????!!!

Has anyone else started getting a bit annoyed about EVERYTHING being made in China? I went looking for a new pair boots for riding. Started at the HD dealer, then the local Western wear stores (6 of 'em!) and finally bought a pair of boots from a local Spanish owned shop, El Rodeo. Everything in there was in Spanish ( I can handle a few words and was able to muddle my way through, luckily the salesperson spoke English Quite Well!) The boots I bought were made in Mexico. Well, at least th money stayed on THIS continent...
Today I stopped in at the HD dealer again and was lookng at some accesories and chrome.... AGAIN Made In China or Made In Taiwan. Harley Davidson is supposed to be an American company. Should be made in America, same as the accesories and parts and clothing... Just my opinion. I work for a Toyota dealer and at a time when the Big Three (Ford, Chevy, Dodge) are moving to Mexico and Canada, Toyota is opening plants here in the USA.

COME ON HARLEY!!!! USA FIRST!

Old 03-25-2010, 07:58 PM
GMbagger
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

All I hear is you wanting to "Buy American" but you still knowingly bought something made in Mexico? Taiwan or Mexico = out of the USA.

Welcome to the modern age. Things aren't always made where you live.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:58 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bear68
Has anyone else started getting a bit annoyed about EVERYTHING being made in China? I went looking for a new pair boots for riding. Started at the HD dealer, then the local Western wear stores (6 of 'em!) and finally bought a pair of boots from a local Spanish owned shop, El Rodeo. Everything in there was in Spanish ( I can handle a few words and was able to muddle my way through, luckily the salesperson spoke English Quite Well!) The boots I bought were made in Mexico. Well, at least th money stayed on THIS continent...
Today I stopped in at the HD dealer again and was lookng at some accesories and chrome.... AGAIN Made In China or Made In Taiwan. Harley Davidson is supposed to be an American company. Should be made in America, same as the accesories and parts and clothing... Just my opinion. I work for a Toyota dealer and at a time when the Big Three (Ford, Chevy, Dodge) are moving to Mexico and Canada, Toyota is opening plants here in the USA.

Nope...this tune is getting pretty old

Old 03-25-2010, 08:08 PM
lrays280z
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No way for all those Harley items to be made in USA. Labor, material costs, etc. way too expensive. Harley has to stay afloat just like all other businesses. Just imagine how expensive it is to keep all those nice stores open, rent, utilities, and labor costs. Harley relies on people to pay very marked up prices. The cost of the bikes are just ONE of the things that makes Harley bikes "special" Not everyone can buy a Harley. They're synonomous with the coolness factor, the history, the sound, the culture...and yes the cost. Hell, if everyone could afford one (when compared to jap bikes) .....the appeal just wouldn't be here. Don't worry about it! It it says Harley Davidson just buy (or charge!) it!

Old 03-25-2010, 08:08 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Well now, it's been said that Victory is more American than HD.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Sash302
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

that sh$# drive me nuts,MADE IN CHINA......I am trying to avoid as much as possible.....

Old 03-25-2010, 08:17 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bear68

Where have you been, you are just noticing this?

Old 03-25-2010, 08:22 PM
SoftailDon
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just picture 5 years from now. :

Old 03-25-2010, 08:25 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 192 Posts

I went Lowes a few months back to buy a 1/2-inch drill. The boxes don't say were they are made now so I opened the boxes to look. I looked at every drill. I didn't buy a drill because I couldn't find one made in the USA.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:46 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

If it wasn't for off shore made products you wouldn't be able to post here...how about the TV you watch...cell phone etc etc...why do people cry when its HD **** made off shore

Quick Reply: Made in China????!!!