General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made in China????!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 02:45 PM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OMG! what is up with some people on this site? Who care where it's made as long as it's made good! I'm so sick of this topic that I could scream! Like was said if the HD parts and cloths were all made here in the US then pegs would be $200 not $60-90. The HD tee shirt would be like $70.00 not $25-35. I mean the guy that started this post works for Toyota and that ok since some of there cars are made here LOL! Really? I mean buy what you want, but stop being so closed minded to think that just becasue something is made in the USA it's good. That buy USA thing is so out dated it's not even funny. I mean what brand of TV do you have? I bet if you work for a Toyota Dealer you drive a Toyota. The car may be made here, but at the end of the day the money is going oversea's

Old 03-26-2010, 02:50 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,176 Likes on 6,713 Posts

Our place just took back a bunch of work from China. Apparently, our customer was fed up with the substandard materials that were being used to make parts with the dies WE built.

Material certification means nothing in China. Too bad.......for them. We're up 27 million parts over last year (so far).

Old 03-26-2010, 02:53 PM
exemexer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RHPAW
Our place just took back a bunch of work from China. Apparently, our customer was fed up with the substandard materials that were being used to make parts with the dies WE built.

Material certification means nothing in China. Too bad.......for them. We're up 27 million parts over last year (so far).
Congratulations! Now that's something you don't get to hear eveyday.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:20 PM
LUBA
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If nobody buys imported **** then there won't be a market for it. I look for US made goods and I am willing to pay more for it. I wish everyone would try to do the same.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:37 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default High End Recreation Products

Originally Posted by XL50#674
OMG! what is up with some people on this site? Who care where it's made as long as it's made good! I'm so sick of this topic that I could scream! Like was said if the HD parts and cloths were all made here in the US then pegs would be $200 not $60-90. The HD tee shirt would be like $70.00 not $25-35. I mean the guy that started this post works for Toyota and that ok since some of there cars are made here LOL! Really? I mean buy what you want, but stop being so closed minded to think that just becasue something is made in the USA it's good. That buy USA thing is so out dated it's not even funny. I mean what brand of TV do you have? I bet if you work for a Toyota Dealer you drive a Toyota. The car may be made here, but at the end of the day the money is going oversea's

30 years of outsourcing "thats American Jobs" and now the corporate lobby has also decided their Legacy Cost was to high " Health & Retirement" so now most corporations will go as GM into bankruptcy and come out on the other side with lower pay and no benifits. Most favored nation trading status for China bought for them by lobbyist was the worst thing that ever happened to the American worker and the middle class in this country. Tax incentives for taking production overseas, this only happens in a corpocracy and the only workers our representatives represent are from China and India.

I care where the part comes from, will never buy another Harley if they take production overseas and even if they go with China, India for parts and assemble here I will trash that brand from now on!

You have to make a living wage to buy high end recreation products, it ain't all about the quality! It is about the best government money can buy working against the middle and working class of this country! To hell with communist China! I never bought into the new world economic order the corporate lobby has been forwarding.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:40 PM
goo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 03-26-2010, 03:45 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by bear68
Has anyone else started getting a bit annoyed about EVERYTHING being made in China? I went looking for a new pair boots for riding. Started at the HD dealer, then the local Western wear stores (6 of 'em!) and finally bought a pair of boots from a local Spanish owned shop, El Rodeo. Everything in there was in Spanish ( I can handle a few words and was able to muddle my way through, luckily the salesperson spoke English Quite Well!) The boots I bought were made in Mexico. Well, at least th money stayed on THIS continent...
Today I stopped in at the HD dealer again and was lookng at some accesories and chrome.... AGAIN Made In China or Made In Taiwan. Harley Davidson is supposed to be an American company. Should be made in America, same as the accesories and parts and clothing... Just my opinion. I work for a Toyota dealer and at a time when the Big Three (Ford, Chevy, Dodge) are moving to Mexico and Canada, Toyota is opening plants here in the USA.

COME ON HARLEY!!!! USA FIRST!
This sh*t is getting old, indeed. I bet you'd scream at the prices if all the stuff was made in the US. I worked all my life in software. Do you know that an Asian programmer with similar qualification and experience is paid 10 to 15 times less per year than his US counterpart? Customers wouldn't accept to pay what it'd cost to develop a big application in the US. That's the reality.
Can't have the cake and eat it, you know.

Last edited by frenchbiker; 03-26-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:49 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by LUBA
If nobody buys imported **** then there won't be a market for it. I look for US made goods and I am willing to pay more for it. I wish everyone would try to do the same.
And if there is no market for imported products in the US, there would be no more imports and our economy would go into the toilet worse than anything you've seen lately.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by will2002
YA THINK! .... It's been this way for at least the last 20 years!
If people had been worrying about this 20 years ago we might not be in the mess we are now...tip for the day - learn chinese.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:03 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
...now the corporate lobby has also decided their Legacy Cost was to high " Health & Retirement" so now most corporations will go as GM into bankruptcy and come out on the other side with lower pay and no benifits...
Quickest way to **** off a union employee is to tell him you're not going to pay him for not working.

Quick Reply: Made in China????!!!