General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We lost several today.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Cotton Hill
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Hay Faast Ed,
Why don't you take a chill pill. This thread was not started for you to go on a pissing match with everyone that has stated there feelings about this terrible event.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:05 PM
joe.1955
Stellar HDF Member
Received 77 Likes on 47 Posts

Visited the accident site memorial this morning before a ride.

Pictures are here:

http://www.pbase.com/jevans/az_memorial

Old 03-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Cotton Hill
Hay Faast Ed,
Why don't you take a chill pill. This thread was not started for you to go on a pissing match with everyone that has stated there feelings about this terrible event.
I agree with their feelings. I have the same ones.

I just don't like liars posting bogus ****.
The dudes driving history had nothing to do with his huge fukkup.
Not denying the fukkup.
Just tired of the bogus info being tossed around so easily.

Don't anybody like accuracy of information anymore?
Do we just "say what they want to hear"?
Apparently so. What a bunch of blind ****.

It seems like NOBODY is into "reality" any more.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:13 PM
STARRY
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RIP to those that have lost there lives

Old 03-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frontiercat
Now just watch. The driver will retract his story about not paying attention and blame the brakes. Just watch...then everyone involved in any amount with that truck will be dragged to court. Will drag out too long...something needs to happen quickly.

The driver needs to do some hard time.

Horrible, horrible day...sorry for the families and folks involved.
Nope. That will not happen! By now, the truck has been gone over with a fine tooth comb to rule out any mechanical defects. Bad brakes would be readily apparent with a cursory glance from members of the "truck team" (members of the state police or DOT) who go over vehicles involved in serious crashes like this. Judging by the pix, it was a "10 wheeler," meaning it's probable gvw is something like 52,000 lbs (far more than the 20,000 mentioned before). As a trucker for many many years, I've seen **** like this way too many times! Because of the size of these things (mine has a gvw of 80,000 lbs) they are not easily or quickly stopped. To be running something like this in city traffic and not paying absolute undivided attention to what's going on all around you at all times is lunacy at best! This particular operator is guilty of vehicular homicide.....and should be prosecuted as such! No amount of time he does can bring back those he butchered; nor can it erase the lifelong pain and suffering he caused to a whole bunch of people. My suggestion would be to send him to Cave Creek (or some other suitable place) where he would be required to spend some period of time in the company of about 50 angry bikers....and maybe the families and friends of the people he killed and injured.

I add my deepest condolences to the family and friends of the bikers involved in this slaughter.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:07 PM
Cotton Hill
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The Phx. PD spent a long time doing the on scene investigation. The incident happened around 1PM and the road was closed till 4:30 AM the next day.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:10 AM
Mr Haus
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I was at the candlelight vigil they mentioned that there will be something going on this Thursday at 6PM. The restaurant there is doing something also. They said meet at the crash site at 6PM this Thursday. If I can find out more I will post it immediatly. I will also get updated photos of the roadside memorial.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:44 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This memorial Youtube video link was sent to me by a friend that is a member of the motorcycle organization that was involved in this incident...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeNo_kaVfh8

Old 03-30-2010, 05:07 PM
pjmoraldo
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would also like to send out my condolences to the family and friends of all involved I live just a bit southeast of there and it seems everytime I'm stopped at a store some one asks me about the accident and if I think motorcycles are dangerous? I always give the same reply "Not as dangerous as everyone else around me using their cellphones!"

Old 03-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by noname
But, the driver is at fault for being an inattentive driver, lets just blame him for the wrong he did and let the rest be left alone is what I think the point was. He deserves some serious jail time, but not because he had an equipment violation that could have been anything, he deserves to be held accountable for his shitty driving that killed 4 ( hopefully that number won't increase ) people. Noname
Good part of the post.

Quick Reply: We lost several today.