General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions for owners who own both, a 1200 and a big twin

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010 | 06:23 PM
hyPerhog
Cruiser

hey certainteed in one post you say the suspension is too low then in another you say the chassis is fine which is it? and no thanks i dont need lessons. i am a very very good driver. i even had my old sporty up to 130mph plus with the death wobble just didnt like it as the sporty chassis is an eeffin p.o.s......................

Old 03-26-2010 | 06:25 PM
hyPerhog
Cruiser

Originally Posted by shopewell
Is this Rainman? I hear that in the ski industry too. "I can ski double black diamonds." Can't speak for your Harley techs, but I'm guessing they didn't experience a "death wobble".

yes they felt it and said there was nothing they could do bike check out with them and 3 other indy shops.....go torque someone else..there is no space for rent in my head for your childish crap...

Old 03-26-2010 | 06:41 PM
shopewell
Road Master

Originally Posted by hyPerhog
...no space for rent in my head for your childish crap...
I'm guessing there's not a lot for "rent" or "sale". I'll try to stick with more childish language than calling people's bikes "crap" (very descriptive). Keep up the excellent driving. Wopner's on in 30.

Old 03-26-2010 | 06:49 PM
hyPerhog
Cruiser

i called noones bike crap... i called my sporty crap and said sportys suck.... did i ever say hey man your bike sucks... didnt think so.... and having owned a sporty i think ive earned the right to say its crap if i want to.... now then since your little feelings got hurt when i said that let me formely apoligize to you... shopwell im sorry for insulting your bike choice i didnt realize my generalized statment was to harsh for your thin skin....want me to send you a kleenex?

Old 03-26-2010 | 08:31 PM
shopewell
Road Master

I'm not the one crying into my huge pilah. What did you expect when you start throwing around one of the most popular line of HDs as crap? Talk about dramatic - do you even know what a death wobble is?! You should look up a video of one on youtube! Cause if you're trying to tell me that you held together a Sporty at 130MPH in a deathwobble, I'm calling BS! They call it a death wobble for a reason.

So yeah, someone was asking opinions about bikes and you're throwing around your drama queen bullsh!t. I've driven a few bikes in my day and trying to give an honest UNBIASED opinion. You want to throw around insults and act like an a$&, then you better be able to take it too or TAKE YOUR MEDS.

Old 03-27-2010 | 01:06 AM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member

hey certainteed in one post you say the suspension is too low then in another you say the chassis is fine which is it? and no thanks i dont need lessons. i am a very very good driver. i even had my old sporty up to 130mph plus with the death wobble just didnt like it as the sporty chassis is an eeffin p.o.s......................
are you drunk?

ok in my world, the chassis and the suspension aren't the same thing. and, to be more specific, i was talking about the nightsters suspension, not the sportsters. the frame is the same... and a fine frame it is.

you didn't get a sportster over 130mph. everyone and his brother has been in the sportster-top-speed thread. we all know that you'd have to regear a 1200 if you want to go over 129.

if you had a wobble it was probably bad rear wheel bearings. or maybe you had tremmors because you forgot to drink whiskey for breakfast.

Old 03-27-2010 | 08:51 AM
hyPerhog
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hdtwice
hperhog....your situation is just what I hope he avoids. Here is our plan that he and I just came up to help him decide. This is Great for me

glad i could help that is why i posted here and the two numb nuts above grow the eff up...and stop being so pissed just because your sad and angry in your life dont try and force me down because it wont work... im done here the o.p. read what i had to say and i hope he heeds my warnings.. im one of the coolest mfers you would ever meet and aint no effin dq and yes bike was regeared... and yes i know what a mf death wobble is... In the case of vehicles, the term chassis means the frame plus the "running gear" like engine, transmission, driveshaft, differential, and suspension. look it up on wilkepidiea.... dumbass.... im an ase master tech who also is a u.t.i. instructor... what do you guys do for a living work at 7 eleven? i have forgotten more about mechanics and driving than you two will ever know. raced bikes and still race a supergas car in nhra... do either of you guys have a racing license?

dont step in my chili bowl!!!!

Old 03-27-2010 | 09:40 AM
Zap
Club Member

glad i could help that is why i posted here and the two numb nuts above grow the eff up...and stop being so pissed just because your sad and angry in your life dont try and force me down because it wont work... im done here the o.p. read what i had to say and i hope he heeds my warnings.. im one of the coolest mfers you would ever meet and aint no effin dq and yes bike was regeared... and yes i know what a mf death wobble is... In the case of vehicles, the term chassis means the frame plus the "running gear" like engine, transmission, driveshaft, differential, and suspension. look it up on wilkepidiea.... dumbass.... im an ase master tech who also is a u.t.i. instructor... what do you guys do for a living work at 7 eleven? i have forgotten more about mechanics and driving than you two will ever know. raced bikes and still race a supergas car in nhra... do either of you guys have a racing license?

dont step in my chili bowl!!!!

Old 03-27-2010 | 10:34 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member

if he is going to do long trips with a passenger no doubt he should look at a big twin. but if he is going to be riding mostly local maybe commuting to work alone etc... the nightster is the way to go. it's nimble, easy to just hop on and ride, good for flying in and out of traffic etc...

i like the sportster because i don't tour with it, i ride to work and by myself maybe 200 mile day trips tops and it's perfect for me. if i get the time to do longer trips i wouldn't do it on a sportster. i have owned a larger v-twin in the past just not a harley and it wasn't for me.

also his size is a consideration, i'm 5'11 and 190 lbs and the sporty with apes and forwards fits me well, is quick enough to scare me at times, and easy to just get on and rip.

i do plan on buying a fat boy lo eventually when the finances are in order. until then i'll wrench my 98 XL for 5 hours for every 1 hour of riding.

in short it's all about what type of riding you're going to be doing and your physical size IMO.

Old 03-27-2010 | 10:52 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SHTFIT
"Sporty death wobble"? Ridiculous
i think the guy writing that and saying sporties are unstable and suck was getting his first bike and couldn't ride the sporty. the sporty isn't an easy bike to ride by any means.

i'm a bit confused with him seeing so much of a difference between a sporty and a dyna, they're really more similar than different.