General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions for owners who own both, a 1200 and a big twin

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010 | 06:13 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

Owned a 1000cc Sportster once and only rode it twice.It just was not the kind of Harley I wanted.Don't get me wrong it is a Harley after all and a neat one.

Old 03-23-2010 | 06:54 AM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master

Originally Posted by DynaMightBuzz
LMAO That's funny **** right there. I have nothing against Softails...although I do think they're slow and clumsy. I'll take a Dyna over a Softail anyday. But that's just me.
Dude.....if I wanted ta race .....I would'na bought a Harley....ring-ding's are much faster......but ....if you ride a Dyna....good for ya....like I said...noth'n against'm....I would own/ride the "Switchblade"....if ya even know what it is but I can tell ya this....if ya wanna compare #'s ....just ask....an' if we're in the same park'n lot?.....guess who's bike'll get more "traffic"?....an the Sporty's don' even compare.....period..

(fig'rd I'd catch some sh*t over that, but it's ok....my skin's real thick...)

Old 03-23-2010 | 07:08 AM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master

Originally Posted by ElusiveThorn
WTF? What about the VROD? That blue harley with purple stripes is worth double compared to the members on this forums who ride DYNA's? That's interesting. You know that the Softail is the smaller version of a Touring Bike right? It has to be if the Dyna is a Sportster with a bigger engine. O but I'm sure that theory doesn't apply because you're bias'd and own a Softail.
Liquid Cool'd , dude....most rider's don't even put'm in the same conversation as the Big Twin's......Actually? It's Candy Cobalt/Starlight Black with RED stripe's.....hand paint'd/applied....ya'll should do some research on the CVO's.....and jus' say'n.....I could buy TWO late model Dyna's (same year)for what high book is on this Softail.....look it up........

Old 03-23-2010 | 07:13 AM
SHTFIT
Road Captain

Coming from a Sport Bike background, he might prefer the Nightster. Smaller, lighter and more than the rest of the models. Great ol' school look too. A real fun bike (he will want to raise the suspension if he wants to rider it more aggressively, which I'm sure he will).

IF he wants to go bigger and take longer riders with some more comfort, he definitely should check out the Dyna's

Honestly, not a big fan of Softails. They are beautiful bikes but I find them kinda kinda boring after regular riding on the Sportster. I also don't like the feel of the B engine - something about it doesn't blow me away.

Now if he is planning to rack up serious miles, I would opt for a Road King or a Street Glide. Cool styling and you can ride those bikes forever. However, coming from his background they might not be his style. They are big comfortable bikes but polar opposites of what he is riding now.

So, I suggest he demo a Nightster and Dyna and see what gets him!

Old 03-23-2010 | 07:53 AM
ElusiveThorn
Tourer

Originally Posted by SHTFIT
Coming from a Sport Bike background, he might prefer the Nightster. Smaller, lighter and more than the rest of the models. Great ol' school look too. A real fun bike (he will want to raise the suspension if he wants to rider it more aggressively, which I'm sure he will).

IF he wants to go bigger and take longer riders with some more comfort, he definitely should check out the Dyna's

Honestly, not a big fan of Softails. They are beautiful bikes but I find them kinda kinda boring after regular riding on the Sportster. I also don't like the feel of the B engine - something about it doesn't blow me away.

Now if he is planning to rack up serious miles, I would opt for a Road King or a Street Glide. Cool styling and you can ride those bikes forever. However, coming from his background they might not be his style. They are big comfortable bikes but polar opposites of what he is riding now.

So, I suggest he demo a Nightster and Dyna and see what gets him!

+1 Agreed.

Old 03-23-2010 | 08:05 AM
Zap
Club Member

Originally Posted by Harleyrider_49
...an' if we're in the same park'n lot?.....guess who's bike'll get more "traffic"?....an the Sporty's don' even compare.....period..
Now that's funny. Hey! look at me and my garage queen. That's poser stuff right there.
Get over yourself and your cvo, ya paid to much for a ready made poser.

Last edited by Zap; 03-23-2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-23-2010 | 08:20 AM
testifer
Road Master

dont know why anyone would tell this guy to jump from a sport bike into a bagger. have him ride his nightster and see how it feels, comming off a sportsbike it might be a caddy to him. it took me years to jump to my 1st touring bike. unless thats what he wants but i cant see why anyone would go from a non harley sport bike to a bagger.

Old 03-23-2010 | 09:38 AM
S1 4 Life
Cruiser

I don't know why he wouldn't like a bagger.....I went from sport bikes to baggers...always wanted one, rode plenty of baggers over the years (brothers, dads) I just needed to calm down and learn to enjoy the ride!

Old 03-23-2010 | 11:03 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Our07Ultra
If $$$ are not the issue..get both!
Regardless of what you ride, ride safe
That's correct !. I own one of each and loving it every moment I get the chance to ride.

Thorey

Old 03-23-2010 | 11:14 AM
hommes
Road Captain
Default ?????????

I posted earlier. I re-read the OP. Says he's a pro rider on a sportbike. I missed the pro rider part.

I changed my mind. Tell him to ditch the girlfriend and get a Ducati.

Quick Reply: Questions for owners who own both, a 1200 and a big twin