General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cycle Shelters

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 11:27 AM
NYBill
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cycle Shelters

Hello,
Unfortunately I don't have a garage to store my ride in, and I wanted something better than a cover. I found a few models of cycle storage shelters, Speedway, Cycleshelter, Bikebarn, etc. Has anyone used one of these or have any recommendations of which brand is better.

Thanks,
Bill

Old 03-22-2010, 11:35 AM
BigCedar
Cruiser

I havn't heard of any of those, but I'm hoping to build a storage shed this summer large enough for mine and my wifes rides. I'm looking at a kit from one of the hardware chains..

Old 03-22-2010, 12:01 PM
NYBill
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BigCedar
I havn't heard of any of those, but I'm hoping to build a storage shed this summer large enough for mine and my wifes rides. I'm looking at a kit from one of the hardware chains..
Here's an example of what I am talking about:

http://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/69A4286A0A0.aspx

The storage shed would be a better idea, but my town has strange rules about sheds.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:58 PM
locodude
Road Captain

I've got a cycle shell from www.cycleshell.com. I've had it since sept. 05 and it still looks great. performs well. I would definately buy again.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:41 PM
NYBill
Intermediate

Originally Posted by locodude
I've got a cycle shell from www.cycleshell.com. I've had it since sept. 05 and it still looks great. performs well. I would definately buy again.
Thanks Loco, I'll check that one out.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:57 PM
CraigsStreetbob
Cruiser

Hey Bill I am from Long Island also. I am selling the Cruiser size cycleshell used only one month and in great shape. I paid 450 dollars for it. Come out and see it in person and make me an offer. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:00 PM
spydyr
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got a 10x10 shelter from Walmart.com It lasted through the winter and looks to be nice quality that will last. About $160 I think.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:49 AM
n2thecraft
Advanced

I just ordered 2 cycleshells last week. I'm waiting for them to be made and shipped right now. I did quite a bit of research and found cycleshell to be the better of the choices. The bike barn has a crappy floor, as does the other option that looks like a bike barn. The cycleshell has the hard plastic floor,, I like that.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:00 AM
larsfum
Stellar HDF Member
Received 458 Likes on 323 Posts

I bought a Touring Size Bike Barn for my RG last year. Had some problems with shipping, and packing, but they straightened it out. Works as described, but security is a little lax. The locking mechanism can be easily bent. I would suggest a disk lock, or a security siren to add as a feature. Also need to treat the canvas to repel mold/ mildew. To provide better structure, I screwed the main connecting tubes together as well as bolted down the hold down plate that you park your front tire on.

I also installed a 2 amp solar trickle charger to mine. Does a nice job of keeping the battery topped off.

Don't have to worry too much about snow down here, but I did take it apart, and take it inside to avoid a storm. Hope my landlord don't mind me parking my bike in my apartment from time to time.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Glyder
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks to me like youd save yourself some dough and go buy a big tent at WalMart.

Quick Reply: Cycle Shelters