General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Leather Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 07:31 AM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you buy a sport jacket or a motorcycle riding made for riding built in portection not a Poser Jacket wanna be jacket. Most of the HD riding jacket have packets made for little armor. Some have vents for weather changes. The better HD jacket have waterproofing building the way the are built. Then you have fox creek all show not go more of a Poser show jacket. Good jacket for your car.

Last edited by cadman311; 03-22-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:34 AM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by zeta596
Never had a HD jacket & I am in the market...looking at a few in the $400 range. All seem pretty well made w good vents. I like the reflective Willie G Skull jacket. It seems these are all made in CHINA like just about all apparel is outsourced. Anyone have any bad experiences w HD leather??
Have a Harley Badlander Men's leather for sale in the classified section and on ebay. $295 or best offer (is brand new, never rode with).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...mZ140391872799

Old 03-22-2010, 08:44 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Huh? I'm not even sure what half this posts says. Fox Creek is a good jacket for your car? Do you own one? Didn't think so. I own a HD jacket and two FC jackets. The HD jacket is nice, but not nearly as good a quality as the FC or nearly as heavy. I don't bash HD jackets as I think they're pretty good, just WAY overpriced. If I were gonna get another HD jacket I'd get the FXRG jacket, very nice but very expensive.

This poser crap kills me..........

Originally Posted by cadman311
It if your buy a sport jacket or a motorcycle riding made riding built in not a Poser Jacket wanna be jacket. Most of the HD riding jacket have packet for little armor. Some have vents for weather changes. The better HD jacket have waterproofing building the way the are built. Then you have fox creek all show not go. Good jacket for your car.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:28 AM
mike@nhca.us
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have two HD jackets, one very traditional and one a more motorcycle oriented jacket with long sleaves, tighter fit and really good ventilation.

Both are good quality and have held up well.

You should think about the top of the line models that are waterproof, most are not and it seems like a good feature.

Mike

Old 03-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

H.D. leather is too thin to be a serious motorcycle jacket. They even write them up as medium weight. Fox Creek has a good reputation. I went with Legendary USA because they had the style I was looking for and they are made in the USA. I am completely satisfied with my jacket and will buy from them again. You can buy a better jacket for less that is made in the USA.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:35 AM
cadman311
Club Member

Originally Posted by petemac
Huh? I'm not even sure what half this posts says. Fox Creek is a good jacket for your car? Do you own one? Didn't think so. I own a HD jacket and two FC jackets. The HD jacket is nice, but not nearly as good a quality as the FC or nearly as heavy. I don't bash HD jackets as I think they're pretty good, just WAY overpriced. If I were gonna get another HD jacket I'd get the FXRG jacket, very nice but very expensive.

This poser crap kills me..........
I see The Posers are not far behind

Old 03-22-2010, 09:38 AM
cadman311
Club Member

Originally Posted by Zig Zag 2010
H.D. leather is too thin to be a serious motorcycle jacket. They even write them up as medium weight. Fox Creek has a good reputation. I went with Legendary USA because they had the style I was looking for and they are made in the USA. I am completely satisfied with my jacket and will buy from them again. You can buy a better jacket for less that is made in the USA.
Go back to Fox Creek they are only sold here and ship to them get it right.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:38 AM
T K Glider
Road Master

My pick is the skull Kevlar waterproof hoody.It is about $125 at HD.Get a midweight leather jacket that you can wear alone or over the hoody and your all set.The hoody keeps your body warm and dry just buy tightening the hood strings around your neck.Most lackets do not have a neck weather flap and really get you cold and wet when you need it.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:48 AM
cadman311
Club Member

I also use Kevlar but the kevlar a lone dose not protect you like light armor made in. Leather without protection is not a motorcycle jacket it's more like the poser type wear. Something a cager more like to wear for cool day.

Last edited by cadman311; 03-22-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick Reply: HD Leather Jacket