General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time at Cooks Corner yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 10:18 AM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 230 Posts
Default First time at Cooks Corner yesterday...

We heard about it and went over there since we were in the area. Spent a couple hours walking around looking at bikes. Pretty cool spot! I'm sure to most of you in the area this is old news but we just found out about it. Wish we lived closer to so we could do it more often. Got to be something like that in the inland empire somewhere.

There was some kind of accident involving two bikes just before we got there and then a little while later someone in a minivan rearended another minivan turning into the lot and almost took out 3 parked bikes-right in front of a CHP.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:30 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Tom's Farm in Corona is the place you want to be in the Inland Empire.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:46 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You ever been to Hell's Kitchen? It's on Ortega Hwy right up the hill out of Lake Elsinore.

Attached Thumbnails First time at Cooks Corner yesterday...-100_0563.jpg   First time at Cooks Corner yesterday...-100_0564.jpg  
Old 03-21-2010, 03:50 PM
SVTNate
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at Cook's last night, but got there late and there were about 4 bikes left.

I rode up to Hell's Kitchen for lunch on... I think it was Thursday. I like going up there during the week for lunch... smoke a cigar, have lunch, relax for a bit. I avoid it on the weekends because all the Sunday pirates are out on their low-mile Harleys doing stupid ****. It's too dangerous a road to be around poorly skilled riders like that.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

It'd be another hour and a half or maybe two . . . but if you get a chance . . . take a ride up to the Santa Monica Mountains and visit The Rock Store on Mulholland Drive and Neptunes Net out on PCH at the Ventura County Line. Both provide the roads and views for a great ride, but The Rock Store not only has a similar number of bikes to what you saw at Cooks Corner but also has a significant number of unique, special interest and antique bikes.

Attached Thumbnails First time at Cooks Corner yesterday...-the-rock-store-parking-lot.jpg  
Old 03-21-2010, 06:03 PM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BLKBAGGER
You ever been to Hell's Kitchen? It's on Ortega Hwy right up the hill out of Lake Elsinore.
No but we definitely will check it out.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:05 PM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SVTNate
I was at Cook's last night, but got there late and there were about 4 bikes left.

I rode up to Hell's Kitchen for lunch on... I think it was Thursday. I like going up there during the week for lunch... smoke a cigar, have lunch, relax for a bit. I avoid it on the weekends because all the Sunday pirates are out on their low-mile Harleys doing stupid ****. It's too dangerous a road to be around poorly skilled riders like that.
I might be one of those Sunday pirates for a while but I'm going to try not to be stupid. Going to take the MSF course to relearn how to ride before I get a bike.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:22 PM
SVTNate
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a difference between simply being inexperienced and being stupid.

I've seen too many idiots on Ortega trying to pass in corners and other places they shouldn't, drifting over the line because they don't know how to lean, etc. It seems that the idiots on Sundays are pirates, and the idiots on crotch rockets are up on Palomar.

Oh, BTW, Julian is a nice ride too. Do it now before it gets too hot. Take Ortega over to Elsinore, 15 South, cruise through old down Temecula, then take Pala Road out past Lake Henshaw to Julian. Nice ride, but it'll be HOT before too long.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:04 PM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ride to Cooks and Hells Kitchen is one of the most dangerous in So Cal. It's beautiful, but you trust a lot of idiots with your life every time you ride that stretch. Be careful!

Old 03-22-2010, 01:13 AM
O6FXST
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been to Cooks, Toms Farm and the Rock Store. The Hideout and Julian are much better rides in my opinion.

Quick Reply: First time at Cooks Corner yesterday...