General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Asheville, NC - Places to Stay

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 10:32 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Question Asheville, NC - Places to Stay

My husband and I are thinking of heading up to Asheville, NC the middle of May on the bikes to knock around for the weekend and were wondering if there are any cool, but won't break the bank places to stay. Can always do the Hampton Inn thing if not, but thought I would ask. I know they have a ton of inns, but those can sometimes be a little too much like staying with the 'rents. Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:05 PM
hawwk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not Asheville but stayed at this place in Maggie Valleyhttp://www.holidaymotel.net/index.html It's not the Holiday Inn but was very biker freindly

Old 03-21-2010, 06:53 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I've always stayed at a holiday inn in Hendersonville on 64, right at the interstate, and south of Asheville. There are several restaurants in close proximity, includng an Outback.
The BRP is about an hour away. Just head west on 64 and when you get to brevard take 276 (nice twisty road)
This Holiday Inn doesn't mind if you get one of thier towels nasty the next morning wiping down your bikes.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:08 AM
Slayer dude
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We will be there in June, but just went with the Best western on tunnel road. About 3 miles from the bars.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:11 AM
mtairy biker
Road Warrior

my wife was just there and she stayed at the hampton inn .It was a buissness trip,she said it was nice.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:27 AM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 369 Likes on 211 Posts

I've stayed in Asheville a couple times but nothing memorable to suggest. If you're flexible enough to stay near, rather than in, Asheville I'd do the Pisgah inn http://www.pisgahinn.com/ which is about 10 miles south of Asheville right on on the BRP. Friendly people, nice accommodations and view, and a very nice restaurant as well. All run by the state of NC. (I find this rare in a State operated facility) There's usually a number of other motorcyclists staying there too.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,914 Likes on 3,535 Posts

I usually stay at the Hampton Inn in Marion which is 20 minutes east of Asheville on 40. less expensive than Asheville. right beside I40, on 220 i think...you can access Hwy 9 or 80 from there which are both awesome roads...Also the NC Baptist association has a camp up there in Black mountain that is called Kragmont or Craigmont...you can stay there for $45.00 a night...no drinking or partying though...I am partial to Hampton...Pisgah inn is also nice as someone else mentioned...Food is Awesome there to.....

Old 03-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Redleg by God!
Cruiser

Best Western in Hendersonville is a good value and has some of the best mexican food in the southeast in the restaurant. Just south of Asheville off the superslab.

I too will be heading there the first week of May. Great riding and a lot of neat places to see. Doc Chaes in downtown has some really good asian fusion food.

Yeah, I like to eat.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:03 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for all the great suggestions and information!

Old 03-21-2010, 09:22 AM
rkrdr2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hawwk
Not Asheville but stayed at this place in Maggie Valleyhttp://www.holidaymotel.net/index.html It's not the Holiday Inn but was very biker freindly
Agree...This is a good place to stay,old school motel,very biker friendly,American owned...you are right in the middle of all the good riding spots. If you are looking for R&R and room service with a mint on your pillow this is not your kind of place.

Quick Reply: Asheville, NC - Places to Stay