General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N. Myrtle Beach does it again!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010 | 09:12 AM
TheGeek
|
Road Warrior
Thumbs down N. Myrtle Beach does it again!

They can kiss my a$$

http://www.heraldonline.com/2010/03/...-out-of-n.html

Old 03-20-2010 | 09:21 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Well I think it is pretty clear to most how Myrtle feels about bike events, not sure why anyone is surprised. Interesting to read 2 of the 3 comments below the article.

Old 03-20-2010 | 09:54 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member

So what's the big deal? The community doesn't want to deal with Harley rallies of any kind...spend your hard earned $$$ some where else that bikers are welcome.

It must suck to live there, knowing Harley riders aren't welcome....

I say screw 'em and don't spend your money where you're not welcome.

Old 03-20-2010 | 10:00 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member

Screw all of MB and Horry county again.

Old 03-20-2010 | 10:09 AM
BikerV
Road Warrior

It's obvious Myrtle Beach wants nothing to do with bikers coming there. Probably because they really don't need them. They would have no problem filling up those hotels during the two weeks that used to be the "back-to-back" bikeweeks. If it wasn't us coming there those rooms would be rented out to families taking their summer vacations, seniors and golfers.

The Ol' argument "We bring lots of money into the town" was wearing thin. It's not like bikers go door to door throwing cash at anyone who answers the doorbell. The reality is that all the beer trucks, tents and vendors roll in and that's where we spend our money. And those same beer trucks and vendors leave town with our money in their pockets when the rally is over. The local establishments do a little better and there is money collected for vendor spaces and permits. And speaking to the local restaurants, those places have told me all the profits collected in the first week were lost due to the bikers who show up at the second week always walking out without paying.

Sturgis is a different story, It would be a ghost town if no Bikeweek was there and Daytona is used to us. And Daytona residents will be the first to admit we can't compare to the damage and problems that the "spring break" crowd brings.

Old 03-20-2010 | 11:41 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

And I'm sure that before the day is out, someone will show up here suckin' up for NMB, saying that H-D, the local dealer down there, and all of us just aren't seeing the whole picture, and to "come on down"...so let me say in advance, kiss my happy ***...

Old 03-20-2010 | 11:47 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member

It's obvious MB doesn't want bikers. Why do people keep going back?

Old 03-20-2010 | 11:50 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Geoff
It's obvious MB doesn't want bikers. Why do people keep going back?
+1 that sentiment......life's too short to waste going where i am not wanted. Especially when there are sooo many places still welcoming with open arms.

Old 03-20-2010 | 11:58 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by TheGeek
I'm done with MB since 2008 and I don't miss it one bit. Them geezers can play golf and bingo in peace, I won't bother them anymore, ever.
There are lots of places in the US where bikes are welcome and where lodging, food and beer are cheaper.

Old 03-20-2010 | 12:04 PM
BikerV
Road Warrior

It was a fun rally, Good times at SBB and the "Doghouse" But I wont be going back (unless they fire the whole city council and vote in people who want us). It was a convenient rally to hit. It was close enough to just go there for the extended weekend.

Quick Reply: N. Myrtle Beach does it again!