General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N. Myrtle Beach does it again!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010 | 08:01 AM
russell6hp
Tourer

Originally Posted by BlackRob
Screw 'em all, I'll take Wilmington, the Outer Banks, or Busch Gardens (military families get in free!) for family vacations and Daytona for Bike Week.

I live in Wilmington...come on up! We're about an hour north of Myrtle. We've got a big party college here with SCORES of hot chicks, beaches, bars, all of it. This sleepy little town couldn't handle the thousands of the masses, but he who gets here first has fun!

Carolina Coast HD isn't the biggest, but they keep it nice and all of the guys there are pretty awesome. TJ in parts is one of the best I've ever delt with and Wes in sales rides a sweet little jockey shift rigid.

Folks in this area could sure use the money. Visit the battleship and pay your repects...pose for a picture with your bike in front of some American history that was at Iwo Jima.

Old 03-21-2010 | 08:55 AM
madjimmax
Elite HDF Member

Myrtle beach bike week is a sorry excuse for a rally The wife have been twice and both times it was pretty lame, And the cops were real dicks they were pulling everyone over for stupid stuff. It aint nothing that pisses me off more then to have some snot nosed kid whos a cop try to insert his dominance it's a f-ing joke. Myrtle wants your cash but they dont want to hear you or really see you. From what I've seen they really dont welcome the bikers and I'm not talking about the businesses I'm talking about the city and the cops. You would think we would be a little more welcome since we are bringing in millions in sales to the area. Its getting like that in daytona also they have signs all over that says welcome bikers and then you have people walking around handing out flyers from the city of daytona saying that basicly if you have loud pipes your not really welcome. If one year everyone boycotted it things would change. We need these businesses to go to the cities and bitch on our behalf because the only people that this **** hurts is the local businesses.

Last edited by madjimmax; 03-21-2010 at 09:02 AM.