General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N. Myrtle Beach does it again!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010 | 12:06 PM
stevent
Road Master

Originally Posted by Geoff
It's obvious MB doesn't want bikers. Why do people keep going back?

Seems simple enough to me. If you're going to give me **** for being in your town then I won't be there, my money spends just as well somewhere else.

Old 03-20-2010 | 12:23 PM
BlackRob
Tourer

It's not just bikers, Myrtle Beach treats all visitors like ****. Living in North Carolina I used to take my family there every summer. Last summer was the final straw. Time share salesmen being obnoxious jerks outside every store and resturauant, putt-putt courses (my 6 year old loves them) that haven't been maintained in years yet still had lines out the door, and everyone really treating you like a jackass for spending money in their establishment. Screw 'em all, I'll take Wilmington, the Outer Banks, or Busch Gardens (military families get in free!) for family vacations and Daytona for Bike Week.

Old 03-20-2010 | 12:37 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member

What is the deal, Why would you care about a place that clearly does not want you there. To me real simple go some place else America is a big country.

Now as a conlusion just wonder how this could have been avoided if some guys did not act like asses and ride bikes that would clearly **** someone off. But they showed the city. And city is showing them the door.

Old 03-20-2010 | 12:40 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master

MB is a dead zone.

Why keep up with ANYTHING going on there, and why even POST about it?

Far as I'm concerned, it doesn't even exist.

Old 03-20-2010 | 03:39 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

Who cares, plenty of other places to go.

Old 03-20-2010 | 03:50 PM
triple buzz
Tourer

my parents live there. The locals say there is some bitching about loud pipes the first week, but week two is the real issue. Dine-and-dash, using numbers to intimidate, and burning anything that is not bolted down would **** me off too.

Old 03-20-2010 | 08:12 PM
tangeloglide
Advanced

Myrtle was really hurt by the economy and the lack of attendance during bike week. I am down there every couple of months and many, many businesses are shuttered. Doghouse South is out of business and they have a "vote for so and so" sign in the window - I'm guessing some politician that was not for shutting down the bike week. Every business I go into (bar and restaurant) begs us to please bring friends during bike week. It's just the local residents that have no business interest that don't want us there.

Old 03-20-2010 | 08:59 PM
DanD
Road Captain

Originally Posted by PineyRider
<snip>

Sturgis is a different story, It would be a ghost town if no Bikeweek was there and Daytona is used to us. And Daytona residents will be the first to admit we can't compare to the damage and problems that the "spring break" crowd brings.

Sturgis IS a ghost town when the rally isn't on,the whole town is shuttered up.

Old 03-20-2010 | 10:35 PM
oct1949
Club Member

Plenty of places to go where Ur make to feel welcome... never been down there and never wanted to go..

Old 03-21-2010 | 07:41 AM
DaveMK
Road Master

I've been living in South Carolina for 15 years. Been to Myrtle twice. It's wore out and expensive. I'd rather ride four more hours and go to the Florida panhandle.

Quick Reply: N. Myrtle Beach does it again!