General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rechargeable Security Pager IV Question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 08:55 PM
NOLaFatBoy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rechargeable Security Pager IV Question?

(NEW MODEL) 91672-07 HARLEY DAVIDSON Rechargeable Security Pager IV

Okay guys or gals, I'm gonna buy me one of these security pagers tomorrow. I'm leaning toward picking up the one below; the one that uses the little round 3v batteries. I can get a couple rechargeable 3v batteries and the charger pretty cheap.

Here's my problem, I'd much rather have the new rechargeable model in the above picture but i am being told by the dealer that once the battery in the new model cant be charged any longer THE BATTERY CANNOT BE REPLACED??? You have to just buy another pager... is this true?

(OLDER VERSION) Harley Security System Pager Receiver II 91660-06

Old 03-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Nute
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I was told the same by a few dealers. None of the dealers I went to even had the rechargeable one. I ended up getting the 3 volt and actually think it's better. Rechargeable one doesn't have the handy LED light or the hook which I attach a barrel key to. (very handy) I carry a spare battery on the bike just in case. Batteries last a long time.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:32 AM
NOLaFatBoy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Nute
I was told the same by a few dealers. None of the dealers I went to even had the rechargeable one. I ended up getting the 3 volt and actually think it's better. Rechargeable one doesn't have the handy LED light or the hook which I attach a barrel key to. (very handy) I carry a spare battery on the bike just in case. Batteries last a long time.
You can actually get rechargeable 3v batteries and a charger too.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:08 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you use this Pager often, then you will be replacing or recharging the battery more frequently than you would think.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:12 AM
NOLaFatBoy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bikes
If you use this Pager often, then you will be replacing or recharging the battery more frequently than you would think.

I've searched thru the posts here and read that the average life on a charged rechargeable 3v battery from ebay is a little over a week.

I'm gonna look elsewhere to see if I can find a higher quality rechargeable 3v battery and just go from there. The alternative is buying the new rechargeable pager that has to be replaced once it cannot be charged any longer.

That's HD (hundred dollar) Research & Development for ya

Old 03-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Nute
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The button type 3V Battery in the receiver is a 2450. I install the battery in my receiver and I don't ever turn it off, even when my Bike is in my garage. The battery lasts at least 45 days (longer if you turn off the receiver and don't use the LED light much) before it needs to be replaced. I pay about $6.00 for a battery. I use the handy LED light all the time.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:57 AM
NOLaFatBoy
Cruiser

The button type 3V Battery in the receiver is a 2450. I install the battery in my receiver and I don't ever turn it off, even when my Bike is in my garage. The battery lasts at least 45 days (longer if you turn off the receiver and don't use the LED light much) before it needs to be replaced. I pay about $6.00 for a battery. I use the handy LED light all the time.
I was talking about the rechargeable 3v batteries being sold on ebay; They come with two 3v rechargeable batteries and charger as well, all for about $12.00. Once charged, members here are saying they last about 8 days,

Has anyone found a higer quality rechargeable 3v battery and charger setup and if so how long are they lasting? Where did you buy them?

Old 10-30-2011, 11:30 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I've heard the batteries in the non-rechargeable for last ~4-6 weeks. That's $60-$72 a year.