General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyout of HD? Korean cruisers at HD dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 04:50 AM
BlackRob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hyosungs look like every other Harley knock off. I really wish the asian bike builders would go their own way with cruisers like the europeans have and quit trying to rip off Harley. But in a perfect world Harley would make a great sport bike at a great price and put them all out of business and my Harley stock would go back up to $75 a share. The 883 Iron and all Sportsters are crap compared to even the 600 sportbikes that are twice the horsepower and better suspension for less money. And don't even think about comparing a 1200 Sportster to a liter bike these days.

Old 06-30-2010, 05:11 AM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

There is also the reasoning that if dealerships diversify a little, they will get a more diverse walk in customer and have the opportunity to put these customers on a HD, an option that they don't currently have as lets face it, you walk in to a HD dealership to buy a HD....

If I walked into a store looking for bike type x, and saw HD's as well, i'd test ride a HD just on principal.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:11 AM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You make a very valid point. I went into Mother Road Harley/Honda to look at Goldwings and road home on an Ultra.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:44 AM
fevest
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

All I know is my harley brand vented summer jacket which has "An American Legend" on the label, says made in china under it.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:05 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackRob
Hyosungs look like every other Harley knock off. I really wish the asian bike builders would go their own way with cruisers like the europeans have and quit trying to rip off Harley. But in a perfect world Harley would make a great sport bike at a great price and put them all out of business and my Harley stock would go back up to $75 a share. The 883 Iron and all Sportsters are crap compared to even the 600 sportbikes that are twice the horsepower and better suspension for less money. And don't even think about comparing a 1200 Sportster to a liter bike these days.
Okay, but they ain't Harleys. Most of us buy HD for the soul, which you can't get in a metric.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:06 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony P
Most of us buy HD for the soul, which you can't get in a metric.
all makes of motorcycles have soul. those who say otherwise are ignorant fools

Old 06-30-2010, 08:09 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

and it's hilarious that none of you (except for me) bothered to read why this thread was drug back up in the first place

Old 06-30-2010, 08:44 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Thaks Dawg

I wonder what kind of entry level motocycle Harley is going to come up wth.

Originally Posted by schumacher
all makes of motorcycles have soul. those who say otherwise are ignorant fools
Shu even though I don't like Victory I would agree with you 100%. As a matter of fact I believe Ducati not only has soul, I would add sexy.

Last edited by leicafish; 06-30-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:57 AM
BlackRob
Tourer

Definitly agree that Harleys have soul, that's why I've owned them since 1990. However, sport bike riders usually look for the best spec sheet bike for the money which leaves Sporters way behind the competition.

On the other subject, I've lusted after a vagina red Ducati 999 for years. One day soon I will own a hot little Italian mistress.

Last edited by BlackRob; 06-30-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:15 AM
dallasblakglossn
Advanced

Originally Posted by BlackRob
Definitly agree that Harleys have soul, that's why I've owned them since 1990. However, sport bike riders usually look for the best spec sheet bike for the money which leaves Sporters way behind the competition.

On the other subject, I've lusted after a vagina red Ducati 999 for years. One day soon I will own a hot little Italian mistress.
a sportster is a cruiser, plain and simple. Im confused by your comparison between a sportster and a sportbike. It's kind of the equivalent of trying to compare a corolla to a porsche.

Quick Reply: Buyout of HD? Korean cruisers at HD dealers?