General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sweetwater Harley in National City

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 07:34 PM
SBJJC
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sweetwater Harley in National City

Hey guys, I'm a San Diego Harley guy. Been going there for a nearly a year now. I'm kind of loyal guy to where I shop. They treatment really well. But recently the guys I would go down to hang out a BS with have been transferred and I'm just not feeling it there anymore. I crused into to Sweetwater Harley in National City today. Really nice shop.

Has anyone done any business down there? I was wondering, is the shop a more of a production line, "get in and get out," or do they mind the guys who come in, hang around for an hour or two looking at bikes and parts?

Any thoughts?

I know I need a life… blah blah blah, but after a long work week, I generally get one day to myself where I can do what I want once every two weeks. I like to take a ride and then hangout and look at bikes…. So????

I don't think I made a good first impression. I was on my way home from work and stopped in. My K-9 was barking like mad and I was in uniform… seemed like everyone was really nervous till I started to talk about parts and bikes. Then they loosened up. I was like dang guys cops like Harleys too…

Old 03-16-2010, 08:33 PM
redcobrasc
Advanced

You might try performance Choppers in Hell Cajon, or this bike shop in Jamul, their smaller shops and may have that personnel touch your looking for. JMO , lose the Uniform, there is a time and place for everything, and shop's should not be 1 of them.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:15 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I like both personally. I buy most parts at SD Harley even though it's farther up the road. But have a couple buddies that work at Sweetwater. Just depends on what I need I guess. Both places treat me well, but SD Harley has more parts in stock than Sweetwater.

I just wish the ol' lady at Sweetwater would let that '35 model R or '59 Duo Glide go for sale.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

SD Harley is my dealer of choice also but I was in Chula Vista today to show a vehicle to a potential customer and needed to waste an hour or so and ended up at Sweetwater HD around noon. Was approached by a couple employees that asked if I needed any help or questions answered. I let them know I was just wasting some time and the salesman said he was doing the same. We laughed and went about our business. Friendly place to visit unless there's a dog barking in the parking lot.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:31 PM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When I lived in San Diego (and whenever I ride down there) I use El Cajon H-D for everything. Eric Diaz down there has always been a good guy, bought my 1st bike from him way back when. Last I heard he was the GM now. Never been a fan of San Diego H-D or Biggs. Used to really like Harley's House of Harley in Oceanside before Biggs bought the place, ruined it and then shut it down. Hven't been to Sweetwater in over a decade, but seem like a good place when I was last there.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:41 PM
SBJJC
Banned

Originally Posted by redcobrasc
You might try performance Choppers in Hell Cajon, or this bike shop in Jamul, their smaller shops and may have that personnel touch your looking for. JMO , lose the Uniform, there is a time and place for everything, and shop's should not be 1 of them.
Lose the uniform... Time and Place... Im not going to get into it, if the uniform makes them uneasy, maybe I stick with SD Harley. They welcome cops.

IT IS WHAT IT IS, but you answered my question

Old 06-14-2010, 03:32 PM
SOCALHD
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweetwater is a great place to stop by and visit. Guys and Gals here are great people and enjoy conversation. Cop or not you are more than welcome. Staffed with great techs as well and open 7 days a week including the Service Dept.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:43 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,100 Likes on 4,947 Posts

I have been to all dealers,,,,can't say anything bad about SW..I prefer SD as there are more girls to flirt with and they flirt back. I have seen quite a few black and whites there on thier non-HD bikes they seem to be treated just like us civilians.....the showroom is nicer and they have a nice lounge to hangout. If they quiver when a LEO walks in, maybe it's for a reason

Old 06-14-2010, 04:42 PM
SMF
Banned

Senior i go to el cajon harley all the guys there are great, i stopped going to the san diego harley because nobody has any customer service unless you went to the service dept.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:59 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,100 Likes on 4,947 Posts

The pickins are better@ SD

Quick Reply: Sweetwater Harley in National City